• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone heard of or tried Hover Hound app ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rogbur22

With everyone always comparing site's and prices of vendors as I also do myself, I happened across a small light app that lets you check prices without leaving your current page.

It's a Chrome app btw,

For instance you are shopping New Egg for a new video card. With the app installed you just hover your mouse over the hover hound button it creates and it will report to you the price for your item on Tiger and Amazon at the same time without switching pages. You can set it up anyway you like IE shop Amazon and show the NE and Tiger. yada yada.

It's small and light and it works without hassle for me. Just wondering if anone else has tried or maybe like to ?

One other cool feature is you can also check the pricing history of the item. Shows a graph.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hover-hound/dogmhlelnjpjgahofccgbfnmojkmlfep

Hover Hound, formerly NewZon, is a great little app for comparing prices. I use it regularly and it is available for both Chrome and Firefox.

Been using it since it's original NewZon.

Sounds pretty neat, but I'd be worried that it would miss things like promo codes and rebates, and just report the regular price. I might give it a shot, though, thanks for the heads up!

Back