• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone looking forward to Deus Ex: Mankind Divided?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magellan

I've been playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution lately and while I can tell it's a console port (low res textures, small map size), it's grown on me.

Is Deus Ex: Human Revolution more true to the original concepts seen in Deus Ex? Or Deus Ex: Invisible War? I always read Deus Ex:IR was a terrible game -- even though Spector worked on it.

It's too bad Warren Spector doesn't do game design anymore, the updated System Shock (it had better graphics, higher res textures) was an amazing game, much better than its sequel even. Spector did Ultima Underworld (possibly the first FPS ever) and the original Deus Ex too.

Im looking forward to Mankind Divided. Have Human Revolution: Augmented Edition, ran awesome on my previous *killed by lightning* system. I really didn't have an issue with the boss fights, as, well, how do you stealthily avoid taking out the powerful antagonists? Sure they could have been a little more subtle, but hey no game is perfect, and at least it wasn't a fiasco like Daikatana *if anyone remembers THAT monstrosity*

I do hope they keep Michael McCann on for the soundtrack, as the Human Revolution soundtrack was awesome, and sounded like an homage to Blade Runner.

I would hope for less linear map design though. A bit more freedom of movement, maybe some rooftop action.....and how about some inclement weather environments.

I don't care for pre-order bonuses at all, I rarely preorder anything, but that could form a trend, and I despise that.

Only preorder bonuses I go for, are like the Guild Wars 2 collectors edition, that was cool lol

and meh, at least lets hope the launch aint like what happened at gamestop with human revolution, taking stuff outta cases coupon wise lol

No, because they have started the AAA title trend of preorder bonuses being "unlocked" based on how many people preorder. Absolutely not.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...-worst-pre-order-bonus-structure-of-all-time/

That is pretty digusting. So disgusting I think I won't even buy the game when it comes out but instead wait for the augmented edition or director's cut, I might even save a few $$$ by waiting. Fallout 4 might even make me forget about buying Deus Ex: Mankind Divided completely.

I'll get the game, down the road on G2A or if it's an NV redeemable. Just me personally, I can't be arsed when they want to do something that outrageous when pre-orders and DLCs are already bad enough as it is.

Hey........they could have gone the episodes route and released it in chapters costing 20 bucks each........Like SiN: Episode 1 ROFL *I still want someone to finish that series*

And I just hope Bethesda can make Fallout4 be less buggy than 3 was............How many patches did 3 have?

LOL.

Reddit..........its just a more polite version of 4chan imo.

I do wish they would have given the REAL OST instead of a sampler with the collectors edition.

And gotta love that revolver. Fully mod that thing, and you don't need any other weapon.

Well what do you know, https://www.deusex.com/news/aypo-cancelled. After enraging every gamer on reddit it seems they learned...

Did it cost Eidos more to administer their retarded augment your pre-order program? It seemed to me it was just another way to maximize their profit. It's hard to imagine at some point in the past games like Doom released an entire episode for free. Although I guess that didn't happen w/Doom2.

Well. We are still waiting for HL2 Episode 3....or HL3 or whatever it is, whenever it will come out.
And SiN Episode 3 will never happen, as that franchise was bought by some casual game company, who never planned to make the rest of the game >.>
The whole Episodic release for $20 buck idea, along with the preorder perks increase as number increase thing is dumb.

If there is a working system in place, just keep it.
If you want to make more money, simply make more expansions for games people love, they will be purchased.

Back