• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone own this 32” Dell monitor from Costco?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

Dell D3218HN I saw it at Costco today for $199

I’d be real curious to see what people think, specs are WLED, IPS, 1920x1080 res, 8ms response, 1200:1 contrast, 16:9 aspect ratio.

All I need it for is Internet surfing, Office and digital imaging for some basic photography.

Essentially I’ll be doing a lot of reading of web pages and a lot of PDF files too

I don’t need 4K.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I think 32'' is getting relatively large for the pixel size for a 1080p monitor, but it isn't like it is a 40+ inch tv. It should probably be fine and that's not a halfbad deal.

I think 32'' is getting relatively large for the pixel size for a 1080p monitor, but it isn't like it is a 40+ inch tv. It should probably be fine and that's not a halfbad deal.

Thanks I was wondering the same thing myself. I may have to bring in my lap top and test it out at the store. The price is certainly right.

Thanks. I saw an UWide at Costco as well. I don't like them. never used one, but they look too skinny. What's the purpose of an UW? The monitor I'm getting needs to be 200$ I believe, as it's for business. It doesn't need to be 32". I'm used to my Dell monitor below which as better resolution. I use it at 2650x1440 for everything I do.

I don't know what the Costco Dell would look like. I used my 27" a moment ago and switched the resolution to that of the Costco Dell. The icons are huge compared to the native resolution I'm used to. If what I saw on my monitor is an indication of what I would see on the Costco, but larger due to the monitor's size, then I definitely don't want it. I need a monitor with my Dell's resolution then.

If I could find my monitor or at least something of similar size with the same resolution at 200$ that would be great.

I saw this on Dell, but don't understand why there are two native resolutions????

http://deals.dell.com/productdetail/thm

The least expensive I could find were from NewEgg, but even those are not at 200$ I didn't realize the resolution of my Dell was still so expensive????

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...48&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=96

I saw this 23.8" model at BB for 160$, still would prefer a 27". What do you all think of this monitor, seems unusually cheap for the size and native resolution + IPS.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-l24q-20-23-8-ips-led-qhd-monitor-silver/5747424.p?skuId=5747424

Maybe 2 of these Lenovo's instead....Decisions.....

Thanks

Last edited:
I would get the S2718HX. At 4K you can use scaling in Windows to make it comfortable if you need larger text.

I would get the S2718HX. At 4K you can use scaling in Windows to make it comfortable if you need larger text.
Not to derail the thread but how is gaming like RTS and turn based strategy on 4k?

I think 32 is too big for 1080p. 1440p-4k will produce a night and day difference in image quality.

Back