• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone stable at 5ghz on the 8150 with Asus Sabertooth?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bioevolve

As the title states, I have tried 5ghz with 1.6v.
200x25,
Stable for 1 hour before crash, but on Prime95 cores #6 and #8 would fail.
74c socket 66c on the cores w/ P95
HT and NB at 2600

I tried 5.4ghz with 300x18, crashed at splash screen lol.

Which is faster?
bus x multiplier
100x50
200x25
300x16.5

I was benching [email protected] 1.55-1.58V on SS but I wasn't testing anything for stability above ~4.7GHz ... I don't really care if it's prime stable when everything I need is working fine.

on air?
for 5Ghz you wont need 1.6V...that's a crazy amount of voltages...
Custom water cooled setup.

I was benching [email protected] 1.55-1.58V on SS but I wasn't testing anything for stability above ~4.7GHz ... I don't really care if it's prime stable when everything I need is working fine.
Yeah, looks like the 4.8-4.7 is about the highest most stable, that most are getting. :rain:
Don't want to go Peltier, but maybe I should lol.

I wish to see what peltier will you use on 300W+ cpu under load :p ... or better with what will you cool down this peltier :D
250w pelt should take half the heat away lol, using refridgerator cooled water hahahaha.

even with WC i think around 1.51-1.52 would be good...
I think so too. I'm pretty sure if you use less cores it will need less volts, but I want all 8 to run lol. :bday:

Congrats,

but what's going on in the RAM speed department? 915mhz? DDR3? I couldn't play games like that but for general PC operations that's awesome.

915mhz is actually ddr3 1830 :D i dont think it would effect gaming either way though, i still game on 400mhz (ddr2 800);)

anywho sweet clock man :D 5ghz is nutz! i hear piledriver has been seen running that 24/7 on what seemed to be an h80 variant cooler :D

weel see how performance is there might have to make the switch next year!

I would more prefer my FX8150 at a stable 4.6ghz @ 1.42v, DDR 1333. It is said that in games RAM speed is more important, although you would gain the benefit of lower latency since you have traded off speed. I believe, for stability purposes, the faster your RAM, the more latency.

I would more prefer my FX8150 at a stable 4.6ghz @ 1.42v, DDR 1333. It is said that in games RAM speed is more important, although you would gain the benefit of lower latency since you have traded off speed. I believe, for stability purposes, the faster your RAM, the more latency.

915mhz is actually ddr3 1830 :D

Ohhh you went with the literal measurement form haha

edit.gif
<----:D

caddiedaddie was running 5GHZ stable on his sabertooth if I am not mistaken and I think he was up aroun 1.6v ..... don't quote me on that voltage though.

caddiedaddie was running 5GHZ stable on his sabertooth if I am not mistaken and I think he was up aroun 1.6v ..... don't quote me on that voltage though.

The real truth about how much Vcore that CaddiDaddi will feed a cpu; falls under the heading of "Don't ask, Don't tell. He will give them a jolt for sure. :)

The real truth about how much Vcore that CaddiDaddi will feed a cpu; falls under the heading of "Don't ask, Don't tell. He will give them a jolt for sure. :)

Yes I can't quite remember what it was but he was talking about it once and all I can remember was ...... :shock:

Back