• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Apache/Xp Server Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mdcomp

Classic Administrator
For about 10 months or so I have been running a dedicated webserver from my home. It runs behind a router and shares the ip with the rest of the network. For all this time it has been working perfectly, but now for some reason it just decided to stop working. I didn't change any settings on the server or the router or anything. The server is set as the DMZ and port 80 is opened for web traffic. The server works locally, from behind the router, but then when I am at school or anywhere else, it does not work. Any ideas?

Matt

well first off you don't need DMZ and port 80 forwarded (one or the other). if your running dhcp, change it to static ips, and use the port forward to that static ip. this is assuming you can access the server from an internal ip

Thanks for the help, but I just figured out what it was, for the first time in years, my external ip address changed, I don't know how or why, but it did. It has never happened for as long as I can remember. Sorry about that.

Matt

Back