• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Application Icons disappeared

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n1co

Registered
When I installed Windows 8 on release date I changed a lot of my applications icons, about 2 months later I changed them all back to default. Those icons were located on a second HDD, last weekend I deleted the folder of icons from the HDD. Upon booting up after that some of my applications icons just show a white blank page with the corner folded over. I have tried rebuilding the icon cache by deleting the icon cache file and restarting ( didn't work), I have tried both methods on this page http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/49819-icon-cache-rebuild.html

When I try to change the icon it says " can't find the file" and then the path where it used to be. I can't understand why because I restored all of the icons back to default before I deleted the icon folder.

Applications without the right icon
Wordpad
Notepad
Paint
Spotify
Winndows media player

Can anyone help ??

Back