• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are Pantyhose Effective Radiator Fan Filters, or...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cozumel

Are pantyhose effective rad fan filters or is it just a vicious rumor spread to get guys in to trouble with their better halves?

Serious question. I would prefer something better than the mesh on the Phanteks case. But only if it is good at keeping the dust out AND is not too restrictive on airflow.

I'm pretty sure airflow is good with pantyhose as me and the guys wear them when sea fishing during the colder months. Keeps out the cold wind, but lets your legs breathe so that you don't sweat. When it's really cold, we wear jeans too as a second top-layer!!!

Anyone here know anything about pantyhose? (From a rad fan filter perspective)

Thanks

Last edited:
the black fish nets look pretty good on me, but it is a little hard to get the seam straight up the back of my legs.
but, yea they work well enough, the jersey stitch used in most of them is about right for our needs, just not in sheer, taupe for me please, my legs are a bit hairy.

the black fish nets look pretty good on me, but it is a little hard to get the seam straight up the back of my legs.
but, yea they work well enough, the jersey stitch used in most of them is about right for our needs, just not in sheer, taupe for me please, my legs are a bit hairy.

I'm not touching this one............... :rofl:

I find it to be helpfull to make a frame from chicken wire or some other easily to bend wire that the hose can stick onto. Snaps right into place :)

Also yes, they do begin to look at you weird when you go to the store and only buy panty hose. Very few clerks will believe that youre getting them "for a girl". Some will ask her name and "Is she here right now?" with a sly look on their face. If you want to avoid that Ive seen magnetic filters that stick right to the side of the case, but what fun is that? :)

I'm not touching this one............... :rofl:

^^^^^^thanks^^^^^^^

you really need to look quite close, the way it's stitched.
this is a basic jersy, just get some 90% are jersy stitched.

and for a filter you want sheer.

Attachments

• 1417179470651.jpg
    1417179470651.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 614
Last edited:
you might get them with the tummy control panel if you drink beer or a little to much steak.
another thing to look at, so you avoid the strange looks, only worry about this outside san francisco, is perforated suede.
in the higher end cars we build we use it deep in the floor vent ducts, takes plenty of flow but if it's ever seen it looks better.

@caddi daddi

Cool. I'll post some pics once I've tried them on for size

Edit: I mean when I've tried on for size on my radiator​

we know what you meant :D

Edit: Also if youre really having a problem with the hosery you could always use the stuff thats on the front of speaker panels. its a bit dense and restrics the airflow, but keeps the dust out greatly

Pantyhose works. So do many products sold at PC modding sites. Pantyhose needs stretched etc. Look up the right filter material. And get a small air compressor with about 5 gallons of air space. About $100. Easy-peasy every 3 months if you have a silly air monster. LOL, you do, massive rig!

- - - Updated - - -

Shake the rad at the same time for maximum you better not post the vid here.

what scares me so bed is I am going out to paurump, not far from vegas,..............
conumdrum, STAY HOME!!!

Don't worry! The old adage, If you don't like the way my Grandpa drives, stay the hell off the sidewalks"!

Hmm, some 'services' available in 'over the hump Parump' aren't available in Vegas. Hmmmm?

And they speak a funny language. Parumpfian, hard to understand.

Back