• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are the RAdeons 9700pro or Nonpro REliable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vincey2kr1

Registered
Obviously the radeons are the way to go but the more I research into which actual card I want from ATI I can't help but think are these cards reliable? Seems that people are having problems with it running Counterstrike and Battlefield(low crappy FPS), these happen to be some of the games i play the most. I've always been an NVIDIA fan and never had a reliability problem so converting over to Ati cause my ABit bd7II board any problems? I'm upgrading later to the Abit IC7 once i recieve my pentium 4 2.6c.

CS and ATI cards occasionally still have problems. For some people it works fine (like me) and for others it there are problems. I ran a 9700 Pro on a BD7-II for a few months and never had problems, but didn't play and CS.

As for BF1942 there shouldn't be any problems. You could have problems with any game with an NVidia or ATI card, but the chances aren't very big and I would almost guarantee BF1942 would work you you. CS is another matter tho.

Haven't played cs in a long time but aside from the very first set of drivers for the 9700pro I haven't had any issues playing bf1942.

I've heard of people having a few issues in CS, but BF1942, all I hear are great things.. When the R9700 first came out, and BF1942 just came out, there was an issue regarding the text in the game..but that has been solved ever since the first driver revision......

Well CS there was an ESC bug in the 3.2cats, but has been fixed in in the 3.4cats. Preformace is great. Constant 85FSP(I have things VSYNC with my refresh Rate) BF1942 ran great as well at this rez and even with AA/AF on. Grab an ATI card. IMO driver Issuses are a thing of a past for only one company ATI/Nvidia have there share and are now equal in the driver department.

Back