• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

are there any Z97 mobo with remote management?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stratus_ss

Overclockix Snake Charming Senior, Alt OS Content
I am thinking specifically about something like Asus iKVM or SuperMicro's BMC, where you can log into a web page for your board and launch a java app or similar to remotely turn on/see your system post?

I poked around quite a bit but so far I only see these options on the server/workstation boards

I haven't seen one, but would be very interested if I found such a thing. being able to remote manage my mining PCs would be excellent when the OS hangs.

I have found boat loads for the same price as the Z97 with the same CPU support but usually DDR2100 or less support.

Seems you either get slower DDR3 + remote access or faster DDR3 and no remote access. I havent been able to determine any other real differences (aside from not being able to overclock)

You won't notice a difference over DDR3 1866/2133 for daily use.

I didnt really think so. For me its a tough call, the remote access is really appealing (i already have 1 computer with it... and while I havent had to use it alot, I have used it a few times to remotely power off/power on the server)

I didnt really think so. For me its a tough call, the remote access is really appealing (i already have 1 computer with it... and while I havent had to use it alot, I have used it a few times to remotely power off/power on the server)

For a desktop machine, I would take OC ability.
For a server, remote management.

That's just me though, if it was a workstation I would be in between. Probably erring more toward remote management.

Check the Asus z97 ws boar as well as the asrock z97 extreme 11. Both are 'workstation' class boards and may have that functionality.

I cant find any information related to z97 extreme 11. I saw a z87 extreme 11

The Z87 Extreme11/ac DOES support Devil's Canyon and Haswell Refresh, FYI.

Back