• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are there S-ATA drives in external enclosures or as backup drives??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EternalX

I was wondering if anyone knew if there were external harddrives on the market that have SATA drives inside them. I know there is external SATA, but I am more interested in USB backup drive enclosures that already come with a SATA drive inside them instead of the regular PATA drive. From my knowledge Ive only seen PATA drives inside enclosures.

Are the external SATA drives popular yet? I dont think I have seen any in the stores, have they hit the markey yet to get to stores like Bestbuy, CompUSA or Frys?

EternalX said:
I was wondering if anyone knew if there were external harddrives on the market that have SATA drives inside them. I know there is external SATA, but I am more interested in USB backup drive enclosures that already come with a SATA drive inside them instead of the regular PATA drive. From my knowledge Ive only seen PATA drives inside enclosures.

Are the external SATA drives popular yet? I dont think I have seen any in the stores, have they hit the markey yet to get to stores like Bestbuy, CompUSA or Frys?

I don't believe any major manufacturers have them. What is the point anyway?

There are sata-usb external enclosures you can put your own hard drive in.

Back