• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Are these voltages correct ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RubyBeats

Registered
Hi i was wondering if these voltages were correct beacause i saw that some voltages were at a lower number than the given voltage on the left, is that normal ? :

j8e780.jpg

--As i saw in a previous post :

normal tolerance is 5%

Supply [V] Tolerance Range (min. to max.) Ripple (p. to p. max.)
+5 VDC ±5% (±0.25 V) +4.75 V to +5.25 V 50 mV
−5 VDC ±10% (±0.50 V) –4.50 V to –5.50 V 50 mV
+12 VDC ±5% (±0.60 V) +11.40 V to +12.60 V 120 mV
−12 VDC ±10% (±1.20 V) –10.80 V to –13.20 V 120 mV
+3.3 VDC ±5% (±0.165 V) +3.135 V to +3.465 V 50 mV
+5 VSB ±5% (±0.25 V) +4.75 V to +5.25 V 50 mV

Which means that my voltages exceeds the -5 % tolerance ?

Last edited:
Its normal for software to be a mile off :)

Better looking in bios for a few minutes it will be slightly more accurate.

A cheap multimeter gives the best answers.

Tolerance is five percent sway either side of the stated voltage

Edit: expect its fine... They all read lower by a similar offset. But software is useless so unless your computer keeps freaking out I wouldn't worry about it :)

Its normal for software to be a mile off :)

Better looking in bios for a few minutes it will be slightly more accurate.

A cheap multimeter gives the best answers.

Tolerance is five percent sway either side of the stated voltage

Sorry posted to soon, Hardware measurement gived me correct readings.

They must be false readings. You PC wouldn't be even running if they were true. I expect fluctuation when it comes to Vcore, the Vcore should go down if the PC is idle. Atleast if power saving features are enabled.

But the +5v and 12+v are way out of spec. False readings for sure. Can you not try the software that came with you motherboard and see if that gives correct readings? Easytune I think its called with Giga boards...

EDIT: To late to the party (as always) lol.

Nice to see your still here though Jmdixon
My fellow limey... From the land of erm... Herbed sausages :rofl:
Not sure what Derbyshire has... Sheep and stupid moon faced inbreads mostly. Lol

Nice to see your still here though Jmdixon
My fellow limey... From the land of erm... Herbed sausages :rofl:
Not sure what Derbyshire has... Sheep and stupid moon faced inbreads mostly. Lol

haha, I've never left. Just havn't "chimed in" for some time now. Hope to get back into the loop tho :)

Funny isn't it... We all drop in and out of posting. But theirs still 157,000 lurkers.

All respect to ocf it makes our lifes a better place. One nerdshion under a groove :attn:

we don't take software voltages as accurate, it's all about getting in the ball park and watching the trends.

Funny isn't it... We all drop in and out of posting. But theirs still 157,000 lurkers.

All respect to ocf it makes our lifes a better place. One nerdshion under a groove :attn:

indeed we do. OCF is the only forum I am a member of to be honest. Just don't look in the classifieds! Dam'n I wish I was in the USA! lol.

Anyway, not to take a thread off topic.

OP: lets see if that PSU can handle a little bit of overclocking??... :attn:

Back