• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are you an Ubercloxx0r ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
04-13-05, 12:06 AM
hmm ok:

Pentium 166 to 200
Celeron PPGA 400 to 466
Duron 850 to 1100
Pentum Pro (512k) 180 to 220
Pentium coolermaster hacked up got a GF2 GTS/Pro

thats all i can think of

blast from the past, list is a bit longer now, i'll edit it in later

1 point for K7 Barton core 2500+ with FSB doubled to 3200+ speeds
1 point for Zen+
White Belt

I used the wrong points system
Belts are as follows:

Blue = 5 points - although all but one of these points were earned about 15 years ago.

1 point for each class of CPU overclocked.

AMD Athlon XP to Barton. - second or third PC build, first one that I researched and purchased from the ground up. Athlon XP 2500+ (Barton) overclocked to 3200+ speeds by running FSB @ 400mhz.

Any non-x86 CPU - Currently running Ryzen 2600+ with PBO enabled and voltage offset. Also tried to manually overclock the multiplier, but couldn't match the performance of PBO.

1 point for each other activity.
Northbridge cooling mod - replaced heatsink on Abit NF7 K7S5A for Barton build above

Video Card cooling mod - cannibalized the heatsink from a 1990s Pentium and cut it up with a hacksaw or Dremel (I don't remember) to make small memory heatsinks for the Radeon 9500 pro in the Barton build above. Funny story is one time I left my PC on and reached in to move a thermocouple, and knocked one of these suckers over killing the card in question. Replaced it with a 9800pro that got an aftermarket cooler and a bios flash to become a 9800xt.

Voltage reg cooling mod - used a similar process as described to place heatsinks on the mosfets of the K7S5A. They were later upgraded to purpose built copper heatsinks (shortly after the incident described above).

Lapping a CPU - not taking credit for this one, lapped the Thermalright SLK-947 cooling the Barton above. Does lapping an IHS count, I could do that to the Ryzen for a point :p

I just saw the updated rules on the first page. Does flashing a video card to a bios that was not intended for it count as a soft mod? If so the 9800 pro to xt bios is a point. Also dremeled a hole for a fan on the side panel blowing at the video card. So that would be Brown.

Last edited:
Alright guys, going to go ahead and do this one. Here's the updated points/belts!

Belts are as follows:

[oldtable]
Belt Name|Points Required
White|1
Yellow|3
Orange|5
Green|7
Blue|9
Purple|11
Red|14
Brown|17
Black|20
[/table]

Classes are as follows, one point per:

GENERAL
  • 16-bit
  • Non X86 (This does not count ARM, think iAPX 432)
  • 386/486
  • ARM-Based
INTEL
  • P5, P6, or Pentium M
  • NetBurst
  • Itanium
  • Core
  • Nehalem
  • SB/IB
  • Haswell
AMD
  • Am5x86, K5, or K6
  • K7
  • K8
  • K10
  • Bulldozer
  • Piledriver
  • Steamroller
ACTIVITIES
  • Lapped CPU
  • Homemade water block
  • Homemade sub-ambient (single stage, cascade, etc)
  • Volt modded motherboard (soldered)
  • Volt modded GPU (soldered)
  • Pin mods
  • Modified motherboard BIOS
  • Modified GPU BIOS

Is there any way we can get this to the first post to make sure we're all in the same grading scale?

Otherwise it gets buried in the depths.

Ok updated to reflect current belt system.

No points for current CPUs?

Also does flashing a bios from a different card (Radeon 9800 Pro to Radeon 9800 XT bios) count as a "bios mod" or would that be actually editing the bios?

Pretty sure each new micro architecture grants an additional point. (I. E. Zen, coffee lake, etc) at least that's the pattern I see.

Good question on the bios flash. I read that as actually altering the bios itself but it's obviously ATMINSIDEs call.

Back