• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asetek Vaporchill Extreme Performance Heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fr3@k3r

This is the new heatsink i bought to test it out cause it sounded very interesting :) arrives tuesday from epowerhousepc and will do a test and post reliability and of course if its worth it :)

Quoted Directly from the buy site :)

Asetek VapoChill Micro - Xtreme Performance AMD K8

Remove up to 150W with the new, revolutionary CPU cooler based on the unique and patented VapoChill vapor chamber technology.

The outstanding VapoChill Micro™ Extreme Performance CPU cooler is the ideal match for midrange/top performance and gaming PCs. A real solid, reliable and effective solution for all common CPUs on the market.

* Extreme Performance
* 150W CPU Cooling Capacity
* Easy installation
* Low Noise (Fan regulation)
* Safe Operation
* High Reliability
* Low Weight

Once a commercial idea is refined, the technology developed and the final products available to the market - most innovations seem simple.

In this respect the technical profile of the patented VapoChill Micro CPU cooler series is indeed simple.

Nevertheless, the vapor chamber technology of the VapoChill - utilizing an evaporation process directly on the CPU - is in all its simplicity the most cost/effective and most efficient CPU cooling solution on the market.

Two aspects of the VapoChill Micro puts it ahead of traditional heat pipe coolers:

1. Dramatically increased evaporation and condensation surface area.

2. Direct mounting of the evaporator on the CPU.

These two features, however simple they may appear, is why the VapoChill Micro is the superior solution on the market.

Its not a question of opinion, it is a question of physics. No more no less.
# VapoChill Micro vapor
chamber filled with the
refrigerant gas R134a.
# Cooling ribs for
larger cooling surface area.
# 3 x cobber pipes.

Note: Thermal Heat Compound already aplied on base unit
# Special designed low weight and highly effective fan duct.
# airflow towards capacitors on motherboard.
# Effective low noise fan.
# Plug pins for easy
and fast mounting of fan/fan duct.
# CPU socket mounting mechanism for easy installation.
# Easy understandable
manual for fast and safe installation.
# asetek fan regulator
(6-12V / 1-24W).
# Retail package.

Technical specifications for VapoChill Micro High-End

Dimensions (H×W×D): 139×98×50 mm
Weight: 278 g (355g incl. 92mm fan)
Application
(form factor support):

The VapoChill Micro can be applied in most ATX midi and tower cases.

Tubes (H): 98 mm
Tubes (Ø): 13 mm

Base (Ø): 50 mm
Base (Thickness): 6 mm

VapoChill Micro cooling principle and mounting methods
#

By extracting heat from the CPU, a closed sealed fluid will evaporate and reach top of the pipes - this gaseous form will then be cooled by an efficient fan and radiator and turn into a solid fluid form again where as it will hit the bottom of the CPU cooler once more. The recirculation of the coolant is based on gravity. In other words, no mechanical parts and basically unlimited reliability. This circular process will go on and on and keep the CPU temperature cool at all times – even at a low noise level.
# The VapoChill Micro can be applied in most ATX midi/tower cases. For optimal performance the VapoChill Micro should be mounted in a vertical or horizontal position. Since the recirculation of the coolant is based on gravity the pipes must be turned in an upward direction (see pictures below).
# Due to its low weight the VapoChill Micro can easily be transported mounted in the case to e.g. LAN parties etc.
# asetek fan control installed in a PCI slot for selective end-user preferences.
# The VapoChill Micro mounted in a vertical position. The fan duct will not only direct the cool air through the ribs and around the pipes but also towards the capacitors and chips surrounding the CPU.
# The VapoChill Micro mounted in a horizontal position. The fan duct will not only direct the cool air through the ribs and around the pipes but also towards the capacitors and chips surrounding the CPU.

Now once it arrives in tuesday along with my new mobo and video card ill give it a thorough testing alongside my XP-90 + Stock Fan.

System:

DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D - Non Sli
AMD 64 3000+ 90nm 939 - Stock is 1800mhz max on my xp 90 was 2560
Corsair XMS TwinX Pro 1GB Dual Channel PC4000 - Gets up to around 275mhz stable @ a 1:1 devider

now im gonna be testing the cooling, max load i got under my xp90 was hovering around 40-45c with stock fan that running load under prime95... so im aiming stock for under 35-40c with this new heatsink.. if i dont get it, ill be replacing the fan with a new higher flow one for sure :)

btw pic is attached and give credit to epowerhousepc

errr ok added pics!

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5539/s43000470vn.jpg
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/497/s43000486fy.jpg
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7751/s43000491ki.jpg
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8824/s43000504dj.jpg
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1162/s43000516tv.jpg
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2431/s43000524dm.jpg

if they dont look good its because im a crappy photographer

Attachments

• MExtremePerformanceHR_s.jpg
    MExtremePerformanceHR_s.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:
Errrr ok well mine is all set up and running for more than 12hours now...

Stock Heatsink/Stock 80mm Fan Skt 939 - 30c-36c Start. 44c Load +- 5c
XP-90/Stock 92mm Fan Skt 939: 25c-30c Start, 38c Load Max
Vaporchill Extremem Performance/Stock 92mm Fan Skt 939: 25-30c Start, 37c Load Max

just purchased a Panaflo High Flow 92mm that i will switch out for stock when arrives from coolerguys monday

also on another note...

This thing is a ***** to install.... and i mean a *****... the screws are hard as hell to get to with a screw driver with the way installation must be done.

yes it could... but right now my pc is not in a well ventilated area, and i didnt use AS5, since it already came preinstalled with shtuff unknown on it...

it was mainly a test of Stock...

ill be lifting it out again to throw down some AS5 and the panaflo

ambient temp is the temp of the air going into the heatsink, case temp if not ducted, room temp of ducted. if you have a duct to your heatsink and the temp of your room is 20c, then 20c is your ambient temp. understand?

Dont waste your time. From what few reviews I have seen place this heatsink just above the Hyper 6 and well below the Sonic Tower / XP120.

150W my ***. Wonder where they got that figure from...

Sentential said:
Dont waste your time. From what few reviews I have seen place this heatsink just above the Hyper 6 and well below the Sonic Tower / XP120.

150W my ***. Wonder where they got that figure from...

Where did you find reviews on it?
I could only find the simple graph on the vapochill site, Mabe they came out since I last looked about a week ago.
I've been wondering for a while how this would perform.

Hum...this thread kind of died. What ever happened to swaping the fan on the Micro? I hate cliff hangers!!!!

Hi all.
I was thinking about getting one of these vapochill micros but I have a socket 462(a7n8x) and the 462 is not natively supported but I was told that the mounting bracket for the A64 or 775 could be modded to fit. Any thoughts out there?
Also I am thinking of either a TR Si-97A with panaflo 92mm or tornado 92mm or a TT Big Typhoon.Also any opinions would be appreciated.

Back