• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock 890GX trouble.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sico66

Newb alert!

asrock 890gx extreme4 mobo
amd phenomII 1055t 125w (2.3 - 3.33)
650w psu
PNY 667 1333 2x2 7-7-7 20
Sapphire HD6850

where can i find oc settings and/or a good reference site for this board\cpu. im having trouble with the coolandquiet feature, i think. i cant keep stable timings/clocks. iam newb oc'er so take pity. i cant help but to think somethings wrong when i see erratic flux's in frequency and core temps. i had the setup running fine had a stable 3.5ghz oc with a ocd 6850 at a general 850core and 1050 mem. any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Too i hope this doesnt sound ridiculous but i do hear from what i can describe as a stressful "wine" from what im guessin the psu. this "wine" too produces a "fluxing" of these "wines". once again any critisism is appreciated

Attachments

• amdcpuid.pdf
    493 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
To find where Cool N Quiet is in your bios try looking in your owner's manual for the motherboard or go to ASRock's website and download the manual PDF. You will also need to disable C1E.

Two forum protocol things:

1. Please put your system info in your "Sig" so that it shows up at the bottom of every post. As the threads get longer it makes it easy to find the info for people trying to help you.
2. Please attach your pics directly to your post. Here are directions:

Go to the bottom edge of a new post window and choose "Advanced". Then go to "Manage Attachments" then "Choose a file." Locate the file you want to attach to the post and "Upload" it.

But first you have to learn how to do screen capture to make the "pics" to upload. Go to "Start" button, then to Windows "Accessories" and locate the "Snipping Tool". Right mouse click and choose "Pin toTask Bar". Open Snipping tool. Place mouse cursor in the left upper section of the part of the screen where you want to capture. Depress the left mouse button and drag it down and across the area to capture and it will frame it. Name and save the image. Then attach it as per instructions above.

Attachments

• Sig.JPG
    Sig.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 108
:welcome: to OCF!

Newb alert!

asrock 890gx extreme4 mobo
amd phenomII 1055t 125w (2.3 - 3.33)
650w psu
PNY 667 1333 2x2 7-7-7 20
Sapphire HD6850

where can i find oc settings and/or a good reference site for this board\cpu. im having trouble with the coolandquiet feature, i think. i cant keep stable timings/clocks. iam newb oc'er so take pity. i cant help but to think somethings wrong when i see erratic flux's in frequency and core temps. i had the setup running fine had a stable 3.5ghz oc with a ocd 6850 at a general 850core and 1050 mem. any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Too i hope this doesnt sound ridiculous but i do hear from what i can describe as a stressful "wine" from what im guessin the psu. this "wine" too produces a "fluxing" of these "wines". once again any critisism is appreciated
The best OC'ing Guide I know for your CPU is here:
www.overclockers.com/step-guide-overclock-amd-phenom/

When you've gone through that you can post back here with any questions and we'll try to help. :)

As for the whine you have, that could be a PSU fan. What PSU do you have??
It could also be the CPU fan changing speeds under load. What CPU heatsink are you using?

Back