• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AsRock 970-Extreme4 any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmmm, ok, have asked Frakk whether he's purchased the board.... Will see

Hmmm, I might wait a while before buying I think..... If Frakk buys it and it turns out ok that will decide it for me I think. I want Piledriver when it comes out....

I was not real big on the board personally, so I bought an elcheepo board as a hold-me-over till the 1000 series chipset (last I heard, later this year). I bought my Asus M5A97 (vanilla, not pro or evo) board for 95+free shipping. So far its solid enough, so I am happy

dont quote me on it, but I believe it has native USB3 among other minor improvements. TBH, its probably not a big deal, but I dont have a lot of cash to toss into computer upgrades this round, so I figured get 'good enough' now, and get a good mobo next round. My M2N32SLI-Deluxe was a champ... never any issues... look to repeat that with the next motherboard I buy, but I didnt have the budget for it this time :D

Hmmmm, well, hopefully I'll get a job soon. If I do I'll grab a 970 Extreme 4 and a nice bottle of Shiraz to celebrate.

Well, I ended up getting a Denon AVR-1312 amplifier instead..... Sounds awesome and will be in use far longer than any computer part I buy.

Back