• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Processor/Memory OC Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uberterrific

I have a I-5 2500k Intel Processor in a Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 motherboard running WIN 10 Pro 64 Bit. I have stable OC running at 4.2mhz. In Bios Version 2.09, should I choose OC b "per core" or "all cores"?? My PC shows that not all cores are at 4.2mhz..... Is there anything in the bios I should definitely turn off?? I also bought 2x8gb Corsair Extreme Pro DDR3-2400 RAM Memory for my Asrock Extreme 4 MB. The manual says it can use up to DDR3-2800. The bios however only gives me the option for up to 2133. Any Ideas???

There's a great guide here to help you.

A) choose "All Cores" to overclock
B) Disable all C-states power saving features if you don't want the cpu to stay overclocked 24/7. Otherwise when not doing extensive cpu work (games for example) just surfing the web, the cpu will drop back to lower cpu speed to conserve power and less heat is generated.

Manual states board supports up to 2800Mhz memory, but bios only shows 2133. This means in order to run 2800 you need to set it manually in the bios, not XMP profile.

Last edited:
2500K is not supporting memory above 2133. Simply higher memory ratios are not working on this CPU. To make it work you need Ivy Bridge CPU.

Back