• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASROCK Z87/4770K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xrelic

Registered
hi all i have recently put together a brand new system i have an asrock z87 extreme 4 board and an intel 4770k cpu would like to overclock this cpu properly but cant seem to get a stable run on intel burn using auto/turbo boost overclock to 4.4ghz it crashes after after a couple of test any suggestions would be appreciated

Ty for the quick reply i will read that and see if i can get this going properly thank you

NP, post back if you need help. Lots of knowledgeable people around these parts :)

NP, post back if you need help. Lots of knowledgeable people around these parts :)
So far I got it up to 4.3 testing right now will get back to you I read that whole thing it helped out a lot ty

Crashed at 4.3ghz doing the suggested 1.25 and lowering the memory speed down should I try anything else

I delid my cpu so I get around 77c full load at this current time

after much messing around with it the conclusion i came to wasnt bad but thats as far as i am willing to go base on that link i did what it said started 1.250 to see whats the highest stable oc i could boot 4.4ghz worked out perfectly i then started going down from 1.250 all the way down to 1.220 thats when i blue screened so i went back to 1.230 tested with intel burn x10 and then x20 passed h105 kept my system temps at 80C-83C full load i tried going to 4.5ghz but that seemed pretty impossible cause i had to give it 1.275 just to run a stable run and the heat was going as high as 93C-97C so i didnt think it would be worth it :attn: thank you all for your help this has been a good run

Last edited:
Repost I crashed playing battlefield so I will have to mess with it some more

You should be able to clock your ram to the moon with those CPU overclocks. It is not until you get higher than that where memory speed MAY become a problem. I can run 5Ghz at 2666Mhz ram... Its not until I hit 6Ghz that lowering the memory speed seems to help.

Funny thing is that I ran furmark and Intel burn at the same time no crash but I played actual bf game and crashed

Yes sir error 124 its always been that one I ran 3d card stock no oc and got same error

You should be able to clock your ram to the moon with those CPU overclocks. It is not until you get higher than that where memory speed MAY become a problem. I can run 5Ghz at 2666Mhz ram... Its not until I hit 6Ghz that lowering the memory speed seems to help.

I agree here. Memory should run at least till 2600 without any changes to voltages etc.

Check if any from standard OC profiles are helping. ASRock Z87 boards have optimized settings for lower clock OC and should set correct voltages while running at auto.
124 code is usually cpu clock error - in most cases too low voltage or too high temperature.

I agree here. Memory should run at least till 2600 without any changes to voltages etc.

Check if any from standard OC profiles are helping. ASRock Z87 boards have optimized settings for lower clock OC and should set correct voltages while running at auto.
124 code is usually cpu clock error - in most cases too low voltage or too high temperature.

I think too low maybe idk I tried something different today I manage to play battlefield for 1 hour and 15 minutes without a crash I set my voltage to 1.3v It was working fine But I will start working my way down from there till it crashes while playing

well after much fighting with this thing many restarts and a lot of messing with voltages and stress testing i believe i have found my voltages that finally worked great with this setup currently @ 4.5 ghz will not go higher cause i am a chicken :D I had to give the cpu 1.335vcore and 1.920 on vccin which has worked out great i know this will sound weird but when i have my voltage set to adaptive at 1.250 full load it goes as high 1.350 and when that happens apparently it crashes the system but when you set the voltage 1.300 and up it doesnt jump anymore so in conclusion i am pretty happy with my results play battlefield for 3 hours no problems and prime and intel extreme tuning for 9 hours each without any issues

Back