• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7V8X-X and Asus A7N8X temperature reporting problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RJARRRPCGP

I'm having a moderate issue with my Asus A7V8X-X motherboard, at least with my setup.

Is it just me, or is it possibly a little bit off with the temperature reporting?

Im having a problem with the case temperature being reported high, at least around 90 F degrees (or 32 C degrees). That's with a lot of case fans.

Also, I'm wondering if the processor temperature is a little bit off, too?

I'm not getting any lower than 45 C at idle.

Does that look fine?

Is there any BIOS that has better temperature reporting?

I'm using BIOS 1005.

JetEngineMech said:
I have an A7V8X-X and under full load w/water cooling and fans Probe shows 30C for the board and 50C for the CPU (OC'd)

I have a Thermaltake Silent Boost heatsink with the fan changed on it. It has an Antec 80mm fan running at approximately 2700 RPM. The stock fan ran at approximately 2400 RPM.

Also, which BIOS version does your Asus A7V8X-X motherboard have?

I have 1005, which is stable.

The CPU temp is the diode temp, so thats why the readings can be a little high.
As for the case temps, on my rig 28C to 36C is normal. Depending on the weather.

What is your room temperature? My case is typically only 1 or 2C above my room temp. If you could get that down to 25C or so, you would have a very respectable cpu temp.

I had similar problems with my A7N8X-X, I use MBM 5 instead of Asus Probe because it seems to be slightly more accurate, and gives the diode and socket temps of the CPU. My diode temp tend to be about 10C higher than my socket temp.

Back