• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Crosshair IV Extreme Retail Box - Photos & more...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Actually the Hydra chip has been out for ~3 years now. MSI has been the main supporter of it (check out Big Bang series). It is only now that ASUS picked it up.

In the future there will be support for VGA style addons, where you will not need the board to use the Hydra engine, just the PCIX card.

I do remember talk of this a few years back now that you mention it but I completely forgot about it. I guess it's just now catching on..

It's a shame the board will be more than one pretty penny. :rain: But still nice board! How's the power delivery? Did they fix the LLC issues from the CHIV? I killed my last gen Gigabyte board, and I was thinking maybe a CHIV, but the power delivery issues really turn me off. On my UD5P, I get 100% rock stable voltage at 1.65+. :shrug:

Actually the Cross IV has become pretty decent after the latest Beta Bios. If I'm not mistaken most of the bugs with the LLC and P-states are gone now. I have not read up on it for a couple weeks now, but it seemed everything was doing a lot better.

Actually the Cross IV has become pretty decent after the latest Beta Bios. If I'm not mistaken most of the bugs with the LLC and P-states are gone now. I have not read up on it for a couple weeks now, but it seemed everything was doing a lot better.

BIOS 1105 rocks. The overshoot is still there (~.05V idle to load) with LLC on, but it's easy enough to adjust to that. I had no issues at all through the 1075T review and it was a heck of a lot more stable than 1005.

This Extreme looks great, thanks for the detailed thread MacClipper!

I'm just hoping Bingo takes *Chew's advise and adds in percentage based LLC. Would easily fix the problem.

Wow I've had Hydra support on my board for awhile. Good to see drivers are getting better and that people are taking Hydra seriously.

I can attest to the new BIOS's making the CHIV boards more stable/more regulated. I had a huge vdroop .15 without llc on and a massive vdrop with it on, it's now completely gone, except for a slight .05 increase with LLC, but as Dolk said that's easy to deal with.

UVOC 4 x 2 GB (8 GB) RAM P95 Blend testing, haven't nailed down the lowest vDIMM needed yet - it's somewhere betw. 1.45-1.50v, needs some more refinement.

15a30701.png

2 x GTS 450 in Hydra N mode at reference clocks 783/1566/1800
9f3ad593.jpg

2 x GTS 450 in Hydra N mode at synchronised clocks 900/1800/2000 - expected o'c for most GTS 450, the GA OC2 actually ends up underclocked here. :D

60d3b226.jpg

Back