• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus EN8800GTS 320Mb bios bonus!?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hipcrostino

look at this pic. I read the bios from my Asus EN8800GTS 320mb version into NiBiTor. Anyway i notice that the performance tables were differant (ie not all the same) so i activated all performance levels to have a look.

The stock stock clocks of this card are the 2D clocks after I've activated the 3 levels. Looks like this bios is already to run this thing oc'd from the factory. I did just check the voltages though. they look wrong. I havn't flashed the bios like this yet either. But i though the 1800mhz ddr looked promising.

what do you guys think. should i activate and flash to this bios? (voltages adjusted of course)

Attachments

• NiBiTor GTS 320mb.JPG
    NiBiTor GTS 320mb.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 334
oc the card first with rivatuner or ntune or atitool to see if it is stable at those speeds. if it is then do it....

if im not mistaken the g80's cant distinguish between a 2d and 3d mode... thus they would render that useless... and BTW my EVGA 8800gts 640mb does the same thing when i change the number of performance levels... it produces the same clocks.

btw what is the site you can download all the bios's for all nvidia cards... i would like to take a look at some other 8800 bioses in nibitor.

all i have to say is be sure you can either blind flash (ie remember the keystrokes) or have another PCIE or PCI gfx card on hand just in case... i personally have a blazing fast PCI Matrox IS-STORM r2 50mhz core baby!

THATS the place... thnx

btw in nibitor, under timings, how would i go about knowing which timeing set to use? i mean the auto select timing set thing selects timing set #3 for me. but the problem is when you click that button it doesnt change the timings to timing set #3... i would love to be able to losen the timings a lil to get more of a clock.

wouldn't loosening the timming defeat the purpose of increasing the clock anyway?

On another topic, i went ahead and flashed the card. Fired up no problems. YES the 8800 series recognizes mode changes (its driver based anyway) which i proved in rivaTuner hardware monitor. Still the ram clock didn't change dispite being flashed. I have some to the conclusion that the rivatuner monitor is not reading my ram clock either at all, or incorrectly. all other programs recognize the changes (but i don't trust them either). Anyway i know it worked cause i got strange artifacts in STALKER when it was raining. I saved, rebooted, flashed the card back to stock bios and loaded straight back into STALKER. problem solved. Its a bummer to find out this card doesn't overclock very well on the ram, but it doesn't matter a scerick. I ram 3dmark06 and got 100 more points for my efforts with the bios. I am cpu bottlenecked, plain and simple.

Overall results, it worked, but my card isn't really capable (could easily be these ****ty drivers though!)

NiBiTor shows my timming set at #6. thing is it dosn't mean sqwat to me. is there someplace that describes each timming set in a language that isn't Hex?

Hipcrostino said:
wouldn't loosening the timming defeat the purpose of increasing the clock anyway?

On another topic, i went ahead and flashed the card. Fired up no problems. YES the 8800 series recognizes mode changes (its driver based anyway) which i proved in rivaTuner hardware monitor. Still the ram clock didn't change dispite being flashed. I have some to the conclusion that the rivatuner monitor is not reading my ram clock either at all, or incorrectly. all other programs recognize the changes (but i don't trust them either). Anyway i know it worked cause i got strange artifacts in STALKER when it was raining. I saved, rebooted, flashed the card back to stock bios and loaded straight back into STALKER. problem solved. Its a bummer to find out this card doesn't overclock very well on the ram, but it doesn't matter a scerick. I ram 3dmark06 and got 100 more points for my efforts with the bios. I am cpu bottlenecked, plain and simple.

Overall results, it worked, but my card isn't really capable (could easily be these ****ty drivers though!)

NiBiTor shows my timming set at #6. thing is it dosn't mean sqwat to me. is there someplace that describes each timming set in a language that isn't Hex?

ya you can clikc the detailed timings button and its in normal terms... i just dont kno which one to change... also you say loosening the timings defeats the purpose... well yes if kept at the same clock but say i have a set of 2x1gb ram that does 800mhz @ 4-4-4-12 yet i could do 1200mhz @ 5-5-5-15... which would you chose...

Change it to the next highest number; 2 to 3, or 3 to 4. Example; If its 2-4-3-2, change it to 3-4-3-3. repeat as necessary to gain higher clocks.
That will loosen the timings enough to OC higher.

Back