• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus M4A88T-M for unlocking cores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

charly9

Registered
hi
some store dumps AMD CPU's no one buys. we can get Phenom II X2 555 & Phenom II X3 720 for 150$ - both.
Now, we want to buy the Asus M4A88T-M, it's on sale and cheaper than 785G boards from Asus and Gigabyte.
Do you know if this board is successful in unlocking cores? I know it depends mostly on the CPU, but I understand the board is also relevant. Couldnt find anything on this board.

thanks.

thanks.
yes, i know the board is basically 785G (SB is 710), but the reason i like it is the ob HD4250, with up to 1GB. on most boards it's 512MB.
newegg prices are nice, but we pay only 150$, the 50$ we save go for better CPU cooling, as unlocking cores should raise temps.
still, i couldnt find much info on 720 batches that were successful in opening the 4core. there's more on the 555. do you know where i can get that info on the 720's?
thanks.

Activating cores on Asus M4a88t-M motherboard.

I have finished rebuilding my computer with this motherboard and a Phenom II X2 560 processor. I had no problem at all activating the additional 2 cores and my CPU is now identified as a AMD Phenom II X4 B60 running at 3.6 MHz. Been running stable ever since.

Back