• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Maximus VII Hero Q-Codes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gunpowder

My motherboard has been showing codes since I installed the os, but it has no problems running or executing tasks. It has am asus gtx 760, an i5 4690k, 16GB of Corsair Vengeance Pro, a Corsair AX860, a Corsair H100i water cooler, a asus dvd drive, a kingston 120gb HyperX 3k and a 2tb seagate 7200rpm hdd.
All I want from this thread is to know what these codes really mean, because everytime I look at the mobo they're still there and I don't know what to do.
First Code: A0 : IDE initialization is started
Second Code: 30 : Reserved for ASL (see ASL Status Codes section below)
Thanks for reading this thread.

Didn't you just tell us what they mean? I'm a bit confused as you say everything works...can you pease elaborate a bit? :)

I did say the codes, but they keep appearing in my motherboard and I don't know what "IDE initialization is started" means, so I don't know what I can do about it.

Does it run through the codes while booting up and then they disappear when in windows or do they appear and stay on after it has made it into windows?

Manual for Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard...

...pretty much describes the situation with 2 digit LED display. I captured the appropriate portion of Asus mobo manual and uploaded it for viewing below. Pretty straightforward overall.
RGone...

aQ_LED.jpeg

A0 stays there after the booting process. My pc has been turned on for 5h now if that's any relevant

looking at the manual it looks like a non issue.
are the drives installed in ide mode and not in ahci mode??????

looking at the manual it looks like a non issue.
are the drives installed in ide mode and not in ahci mode??????

Well I don't know, I just installed all the components on the motherboard and then when I got the os I used the cd that came with the mobo.

Sorry for bumping this tread but i got same issue, my Q-Code is 07 wich is ap initialization after microcode testing according to user guide i got from asus maximus viii ranger. Anyone know what is it and if its needed to fix ? Its not flashing (blinking) it just code, my PC works good so far nothing i noticed so far, but i got this q-code 07 on my motherboard..

Back