• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5Q Deluxe Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Charly1

Has anyone managed to install 2X Corsair 2 GIG of 8500 1066 DDR2 in the P5Q? Is 6 gig an option with 2x2 dual channel and 1 x2 gig ?

Has anyone any BIOS settings to anable this?

Thanks

Windows 7 x64
Intel E8500 dual core

Last edited:
The P5Q / P45 chipset natively supports DDR2-1066, and up to DDR2-1200; 16GB (4 x 4GB). And w/ 2GB of RAM installed in one channel (Channel A), and 4GB installed in the other (Channel B), the 2GB from Channel A and the lower 2GB from Channel B will operate together in dual channel, while the remaining 2GB (upper) will operate in single channel.

Last edited:
Many thanks sir, I believe you have to change the BIOS settings to enable this as it wont boot up if settings are on AUTO in the BIOS.

Do you know what settings I have to change and exactly what I should input? I currently have 4 x1 gig memory installed as two matched pairs 8500 -1066

Thanks

Last edited:
Back