• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus p6t deluxe i7 920 oc help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deangelo

Hi guys hopefully someone can help me with this i have p6t deluxe motherboard latest bios 12 gigs of tr3x6g1600c8d running in triple channel mode and wanted to run the memory at 1600 hz and oc my i7 920 to 3.2 and was wondering if anyone can guide me through the process of doing this ?

you will have to change the memory dividers in the Bios you might not get it to run exactly 1600 because you are overclocking with the Bclk but you should be able to get it close ( a bit higher or lower )

You can't raise the CPU multiplier but you can lower it. It's only locked if you try to go higher than stock with the multiplier. So by manipulating the bclk, the memory divider and the CPU core speed multiplier you should be able to approximate 1600 mhz on the RAM as Console said. So if the CPU frequency gets too high to maintain stability as you raise the BCLK to increase the memory frequency you can lower the CPU multiplier to compensate.

Thx for the reply's guy's so basically i set the bclk to 160 to run the cpu at 3.2 then i see i have the option to run the memory at 1604 speed do i choose that and change my timings to 8 8 8 24 and leave everything else to auto? Sorry im new to over clocking so if i sound like a idiot forgive me lol

Back