• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 . . A few questions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zuzzz

Premium Member
So I am purchasing a 2600k with the Asus board in title. I have a few concerns/questions.

1). I read something about the board not allowing the user to use both of the DVI ports on the discrete video card for his multi-monitor set up. In that case a 570nVidia. That user was forced to use 1 port on the nVidia card and the motherboard's port in order to get use of more than one monitor. I will be using a 6870 and at least 2 monitors. Three perhaps down the line. Will I be forced to use the DVI port on the mo board or can I do as I do now and use the 2 DVI ports on said video card?

2). I saw a few posts back someone having slow boot issues with this board. As i read along seems a lot of people are having this issue. Is this still an issue? Has it been addressed? What is the fix or workaround if needed?

3). Will this board overclock? As in, it has the settings I need, yes?? I'm asking because in the older days Asus boards marked with 'V" or "VM" didn't have the OC'ing settings.

Thanks in advance and if there are any other tips for this board please do post them.

Z

PS:: and YES, I am finally replacing rig in sig. :)

Back