• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS RT-N12/B1 Router - $20 @ Amazon.com (refurbished)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No 5GHz, but if a WRT54 was working, that's probably not a problem.
I don't care all that much about the 5 GHz band, but the higher throughput of 802.11n should help a bit. In the area, all the routers use channel 6 too, so I'm free of any real interference using 1 or 11.

20 Mbps (peak w/ frame burst on) and short range of this WRT54G2 (fixed internal antennas, TX gain over 65mw is unusable) is just a POS...one story home, almost direct line of sight (single door?), and signal quality is rather low just 100 ft away with some parts of the home unusable.

For $20 it's a steal for me, should be for anyone else looking for a decent ($40-60 range) wireless N router too, no 5 GHz or NAS/Print/Media server, but I couldn't care less about that.

That's the router I use and I'm pretty happy with it. I grabbed it as I needed a wireless router on the cheap (I think it was on sale at Microcenter for $35) and it had the features I wanted even if I may or may not use them, external removable antennas and DD-WRT support. I can't give say how well it works at range as my PC is maybe 30ft from the router but running cable wasn't much of an option so this works well. I couldn't get the 300 Mbps to work but then I really didn't try hard as it's only for internet connection I didn't care.

I really didn't even mess with it. runs 150 flawlessly just didn't connect at 300 and didn't bother messing with it as don't need any thing more

Back