• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX owner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I love mine. I'm running the Phenom II x6. Dont plan to OC though. Just looking to get cooler temps in a Corsair Graphite Special Edition 600T Case. Still, The Mobo is very cool

Case: Corsair Special Edition White Graphite Series™ 600T
MoBo: ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX Bios: AMI 1304
CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1050T (Thuban) - 2.8GHz
Cooling: Cooler Master TPC 812 (RR-T812-24PK-R1)
RAM: G.Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ (9,9,9,24,2T) 2gb x4
Video: HIS HD 5670 IceQ 1GB (128bit) GDDR5 PCIe v2.0 x16
PSU: OCZ OCZ GameXStream 850W
HDD: WD 500GB Sata (OS)
HDD: WD 1TB Sata (Storage)
DVD: (E:\) HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS50
WLAN: Rosewill RNX-N180PCe Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC

As an update to my previous post, I did indeed have a Sabertooth and a CHV for about 3 weeks, and to my surprise the Sabertooth performed just a fuzz better in games (I Also appreciate the spread apart layout with 2xGPU), and being $50 cheaper and a fuzz better I decided to keep the Sabertooth. The CHV I got open box from Newegg for $154 was fine but I returned it and that $50 difference over the $99 Geeks Sabertooth went towards my new 256 GB SAMSUNG SSD, so I am happy about that.

I now have both the chv and sabertooth and i agree with jagged_steel, the sabertooth seems a little better with phenomll but with bulldozer the chv is a little better.

Well i bought the sabertooth 990fx R2 as well today with 8gb of ram and get this error in system page?

Capture-3_zps0e2daf7b.png

Just had the same problem with a gigabyte board but it was'nt compatible with the amd FX8150 cpu. The cpu was put in the saber as well??? updated bios, is this a bad cpu? 2 staright mobos with this? 2 days old.

are you able to run memtest?
try booting with one stick of ram in one slot at a time.
many times when i have problems at first boot i find it's in the ram.
also try a Full cmos reset.

i had the same thing with my gigabyte board and 4 gigs of ram. so i bouth the new board and ram today. Did the cmaos and nothing changed. if i put the ram in slots right beside each other it shows all ram, but dual no. i"m wondering if its a bad cpu?

in my boards, two sticks go into the first and third slots or the second and forth slots, not right next to each other.

did you do a fresh reinstall of windows with each board??????????
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
what operating system are you using????????????
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited:
mine two but i put them beside each other and i got all 8 gig, this only happens in dual mode and same problem with 2 boards so i think cpu problem? see post 26 if i put them right beside eash other it sees all 8gb

Well i bought the sabertooth 990fx R2 as well today with 8gb of ram and get this error in system page?

Just had the same problem with a gigabyte board but it was'nt compatible with the amd FX8150 cpu. The cpu was put in the saber as well??? updated bios, is this a bad cpu? 2 staright mobos with this? 2 days old.

I don't see any error message. What error message are you talking about?
RGone...

@ RGone, I'm assuming the "System rating not available"
I'm more than pleased with my board. It handles the FX8350 quite well. I've played with this thing for a couple of months, never had to clear the CMOS once. And believe me I've crashed it hard quite a few times. Hard enough I've had to reinstall my OS.

so can a bad pcu effect 2 slots of ram? working in 2 and not in the other? pc is not as fast and kinda hangs waiting for internet to connect. Same symptoms on 2 different boards and ram. Thinking of taking cpu back and getting a exchange. FX8150 amd

If the Windows Experience Index has become corrupted:

Go to C:\Windows\Performance\WinSAT\DataStore
Delete all of the files
Reboot
Rerun the assessment

Apparently Gigabyte boards have the problem and at least Kaspersky AV can cause the problem. Only just a few of the searches indicated ram and drivers may cause the problem as well. No clear cut one fix fits all. When you actually google the issue the net is full of that issue. If System rating not available is what he is calling an issue. I could truly care less about that wonky WEI thing.
RGone...

I think I know what he's talking about. The windows OS will reserve part of your ram for the graphics card. That's why it shows up as 3.9 useable. All 8 G are recognized and usable no worries.

ya butt 2 of the other slots dont work, put my old psu 4core in and bam!! ALL 8gb show with no errors?? got to be the cpu no?

put my old athalon x4 463 in and everything works!! no memory problem. Must be the memory controller in the fx8150 cpu?

Is this what you are saying is an error?

I assume you are using 8gig of ram in total. Windows reports 8gig of ram with 3.9 usable. IF you are using 8gig there is no problem.
Now if you have 16gig and windows only reports 8gig with 3.9 usable then windows is missing something.

Here is an illustration

my win.JPG

You see how it says I have 4gig and only 3.24 usable.
Now a pic of resource monitor.

resource.JPG

Resource monitor shows how my memory is divided up for the system.See how there's 778MB hardware reserved. This is more than likely for the IGPU in the i5. But at the bottom it still says I have 4096 MB installed.

Run resource monitor and see how yours is being used. That missing 4gig is likely reserved for you GPU

Back