• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus VH236H 75Hz refresh rate overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ninjacore

I was in Catalyst Control Center and noticed a piece of info I must have glazed over before.

asus.png

Looks like my monitor is reporting a 75Hz refresh rate? Is that accurate? In games, I always pick either 60 or 59.9x and don't even see an option for 75Hz. If I used a custom resolution utility, could I do 75Hz with this monitor? Is it made to do 75?

Looks like I might need a dual-link DVI cable to take advantage of the higher refresh rate on the monitor?

When I get some time, I'll swap cables with my new qnix and see if I get 75Hz as an option.

My 4K Samsung reports that as well in CCC, but Samsung says the panel is locked at 60. I would have to jump up in cable/port spec to test it which is not possible (displayport) :-(

I was messing with it the other night and it seems like when I set it to 75Hz, the resolution drops. Maybe it only supports that rate at lower than 1080P resolutions? That was via HDMI.

I'm guessing that is the maximum refresh rate of the monitor including all resolutions rather than being the maximum refresh rate at the maximum resolution.

You can use custom resolution utility (CRU).

It allows custom resolutions and custom refresh rates.

I overclocked mine to 72Hz@1080p.

Back