• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus warranty support: Not good, not good at all

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Agreed.

Electronics purchased on E-Bay usually do not have a warranty, as the sellers are mostly not official distributors.

Not if its a policy where the product carries the warranty, not the end user. EVGA does that with their GPUs. A GPU can be sold 10 times and still have intact its warranty till it runs out. All GPU's come with a 3 Year Warranty from the day of purchase. Of course you'll want legit proof of when it was purchased.

Mushkin ram's warranty can be transferred for $15 fee I recently discovered.

And I've had luck with other companies just not caring whether I was the original purchaser.

Mushkin ram's warranty can be transferred for $15 fee I recently discovered.

And I've had luck with other companies just not caring whether I was the original purchaser.

I've had great luck on the side of memory, ( almost all carry a lifetime warranty) as-long as the product has not been tampered with.
If you read their policy, removal of the heat spreader void's the warranty. On the GPU side, I believe that some have a tamper seal on screws?

If you read their policy, removal of the heat spreader void's the warranty. On the GPU side, I believe that some have a tamper seal on screws?

Correct. Which is why the warranty is void when you change the TIM because it overheats :p

With EVGA they don't care if you change your TIM or add a WB on it. As long as its sent back the way it came out of the box during an RMA. ;)

With EVGA they don't care if you change your TIM or add a WB on it. As long as its sent back the way it came out of the box during an RMA. ;)

This +1. As long as EVGA gets the GPU with the stock cooler attached and there's no apparent customer damage, i.e. you cracked the die, they'll honor warranty.

And don't touch the stickers. lol I know I've been tempted to move one since it was slanted and for some reason it was driving me nuts. Ok maybe I did move it just a couple mm but still! :rofl:

This +1. As long as EVGA gets the GPU with the stock cooler attached and there's no apparent customer damage, i.e. you cracked the die, they'll honor warranty.

Wow. Now that's customer service! :thup:
That's awesome!

*looks at GPU's*
*Sapphire and MSI* :rain:

Like I said, I am big when it comes to CS and Warranty. The extra features usually gets eyed after. I go with companies who are reputed as one of the best to deal with and go from there. Everyone has similar hardware with a few different tweaks to them in the end. Its a given to go with the best CS and warranty. :D It sure has paid off the last 4 months for me and glad I've kept my ways. :salute:

Nvidia is Green, EVGA is Red, well at least for their classified line. You can always do a few tweaks yourself. LED lighting, Tubing color etc.

He means that EVGA makes Nvidia (team green), and Intel (team blue) based products only. They don't make AMD based products (GPU or motherboards).

Nvidia is Green, EVGA is Red, well at least for their classified line. You can always do a few tweaks yourself. LED lighting, Tubing color etc.

:rofl:

What I was referring to, was that EVGA only produces Intel motherboards ( Intel blue team - AMD green team) and Nvidia video cards ( Nvidia is green team - AMD/ATI is red team).

I think I will go and hide for a few minutes after this one.:chair:

I have bad experiences with ASUS (3 times) * Yeah you can replace the HDD yourself. PC breaks somewhere else, known issue, ohh you replace your hdd so your charger breaking in your inmput is your fault.... Even know i had it on writting they saying i could open it they did not ohonor it. Lost like $400.00 on that laptop after i scrapped it and sold it on pieces on ebay.

Then it was a GPU they did not fix the issue twice. Once and only once they replace me a MOBO.

EVGA has been lovely with me and my friends. They are the only team green I buy from. From team red I buy from XFX which offers similar terms to nvidia (can change blocks etc).

Atleast I had one positive outcome:) I received a box today from Texas, :shrug: with a non descriptive UPS sticker on it. I opened the plain brown box. :shock: Inside was a brand new AMD FX-8350 PIB.:D
This was my replacement from AMD, when the Asus mobo fried the old 8350.:cool: It took 1 week from me shipping it off ( Free of charge) to receiving my new one.:p I was never contacted to produce a receipt or
how the processor died.
+1 Thank You AMD
+3 Thank You Blaylock (for suggesting that I submit the CPU for RMA)

Thank You ALL!!!!!!

Awesome news Maddmutt! I wasn't sure if they would RMA it as it was the board that killed it but clearly worth a shot. I'm glad I could help.

What's the news on your replacement board?

Awesome news Maddmutt! I wasn't sure if they would RMA it as it was the board that killed it but clearly worth a shot. I'm glad I could help.

What's the news on your replacement board?

I received an invoice from Asus yesterday. They are shipping back my old busted mobo. I told the wife, that when they requested $150 + 10 shipping for a refubished board, if they are going to try and get me to pay for shipping my old board.
She agreed with me, the old board is not functional, so if Asus requires us to pay return shipped. We both agreed to refuse package and have them return it to sender:)

EVGA has been lovely with me and my friends. They are the only team green I buy from. From team red I buy from XFX which offers similar terms to nvidia (can change blocks etc).

Good information to know.

I contacted XFX about excessive build up of dust on the GPU block. (A can of air does not help when the dust is hard from excess heat of Over clocking)
I have the conversation copied and saved just encase questions are ask. I was informed from XFX that :
QUOTE" The warranty void stickers do not apply to North America... a simple air blasting 2-3 times a year should suffice, even that could be excessive, depending on your usage.
You only need to re-thermal paste once every 2-3 years. Mark "QUOTE

If you follow this reply from XFX, then you would qualify to change out their cooler for a better one :)

Back