• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus X570 TUF - SSD wont show up as boot option

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

I'm very confused on this one...totally stumped.

I just installed my new Asus X570-Plus TUF motherboard for my 3900x.

Problem is the SSD wont load. It doesnt show my SSD as a boot option and I cannot get this stupid thing to work.
If I go under SATA devices, it shows the 500GB Samsung SSD there, but if I go to boot priorities, there's nothing there. Its blank.

I've tried every option in the BIOS, swapped SATA ports, and I'm completely stumped here. Any ideas?

So I just updated to the latest BIOS, and now its showing up.

Strangest thing I've ever experienced...Can't believe this is a problem out of the box. Maybe I got a corrupt BIOS from the factory or something. Maybe this will help future searchers...

Just not my day....then finally thought I was on the way to getting everything up and running!

...Until I get a NDIS bugcode BSOD every time I install windows.

A quick google search talks about the WiFi adapter wrecking the windows install. I disabled it in the BIOS and now Windows 10 is FINALLY installed and I am at the desktop. Thank god what a nightmare.

Sounds like it might not be smart to pay the extra $10 for the Wifi feature on the board and get the non wifi version and add in your own card.

That's weird. I installed windows fine on that board with wifi enabled.

Glad you found the culprit though! Are you in the latest bios?

Back