• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Atheros Killer Network Manager?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soldierguy

Got this new MSI Z87 Mpower mobo and it comes with this Qualcomm Atheros Killer Network Manager...and its the only LAN software I have.

Its working fine except I can't get into iRacing practice servers and such. iRacing support thinks it has to do with this Atheros Killer Manager, and maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. But I guess they have problems with the Killer Mgr because it was maybe the first thing he asked when I asked for help. So i guess they have some sort of problem working with it. IDK

But the easy quick diagnosis for me would be to uninstall this and get a different Atheros driver that would run this thing without the Kill Manager features.

I'm sure such a driver is out there..without the Killer Network Manager portion, because I've seen peeps discuss it. I've looked but can't find the driver and when I uninstall what I have I can't connect to the internet. I've got nothing!

I hear i need to either find the Atheros driver for win 7 that doesn't have the Killer Mgr feature or upgrade to Win 8 that will semi automatically find a driver for me if I uninstall the existing Killer Network. Really don't want to upgrade to Win 8 $$ right now, and what if I still can't connect to iRacing? Maybe its something else.

Anyone have a driver for this Atheros/win 7-64 Lan without the Killer Manager?
Or any other ideas?

Thanks

Back