• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon FX @ 2.8Ghz (Mach II Cooled)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
deathstar13

What happend to the beast in your sig?....you get rid of it to build a new a64?

treepop said:
deathstar13

What happend to the beast in your sig?....you get rid of it to build a new a64?
it was sold for beer and skittles!
actually i spent my summer watching my kids while they were out of school.i dont need a pc ijust love ocing them and building them,so i sold the last one.

this will be my 3rd major build from ground zero.
i doubt it will be a a64 tho.
i want dual channel memory controller.
thus im eyeballing a way to get a 140/240 opteron unlocked and doing 2.4ghz.
mabey a dream as it might not be even possable,but im hopefull.
idont mind paying high prices for good parts.i just get much more thrills out of buying the lower priced parts and spanking the high end stuff.

but i think its still rather early to know what my build will be cpu/mobo wise.
my first goal is to get this borrowed pc replaced.
dont laugh but with a 300-550mhz pc replacement that ill buy for $50-$100.
this will be for all my online research and for small parts scavenging once the new rig is started.

im not rich but rather poor by most folks standards.but i do keep a large fraction of my $$$ for pc parts.but will take 6months i expect to see a close to finished rig again.

this is a rather exciting time in amd land and im not gonna miss out on this.
sometimes this part can be very discouraging starting over and having nothing decent to work with.but i can get excited again over dual raptors in raid0 all over again and appreciate the speed increases as i go.
just doing upgrades on an existing system isnt half as exciting/fun.

but rest assured my refridgerater is by my side with coolant sitting in it and my screw drivers are shined up.and i still know neweggs address :D

glad to be remembered also! always nice seeing people who i enjoyed talking to!

Nice haven ya back :D......so you kept your dual raptors!:D.......those things are so bad arse:)

**EDIT***
I totally feel ya on the $$$ thing I have to scrounge like mad to attain any $$ for my computer.....I have $180 from some work I did but I promissed I would take my girl somewhere for Spring Break so I am saving up:(.......man I wanted some buffolo ram so bad :(

im sorry to be taking this thread off track.

but no i sold the raptors also.all i have left is my fridge and a keyboard. lol sooo sad too.

i wont be dateing until this is finished,like i would be anyhow.
but i tend to get along with pc's better.
id love to have a mach11 or vapo but to me its a pain.
insulating,condinsation and cost keep me away from it.
i even think i wont be using my refer for awhile also.i like to start with the basics first with a rig (air cooling) max that out and head for the big guns after im done beating it that way.

im lucky my budget a month is $500-$600 a month for parts.
but even then its a 6 month build/saveing time to complete anything nice.
btw that money = half my income. :p im dedicated! or insane one.

Back