• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon X2 5000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daaave

Registered
Recently I acquired (well, uncle donated) his old rig to me: Athlon II X2 5000 Dual Core (which despite being very old is a step up from the 3200+ I was running!)

Anyway, I saw a couple of videos of this CPU being unlocked to a quad core. I read that it can only be done with the Deneb series, although this guy:

Does it with the same CPU I currently have (Regor). So I watch the video and he goes into Motherboard Intelligent Tweaker, which I believe is only present on Gigabyte boards whereas I'm running an Asus board.

So the question is, can I unlock this CPU to a Quad Core? Any help/input would be appreciated! Speccy/CPU-Z below, if any information is needed just ask.

(Also yes, it's sadly on XP. I would be running 7 (or Debian) but I haven't had the time to install it)

Speccy.png

CPU-Z.png

Maybe, if your bios supports coe unlocking. Often, the core unlocking is called ACC (Advanced Clock Calibration) but may be called something else. I looked at you online owner's manual for that board and that I can see the bios does not have an unlocking feature. But you can do some limited overclocking it looks like if you choose the Manual overclocking mode instead of Auto.

I had a look about in the BIOS and there was no option for AAC. The overclocking options were pretty dire aswell.

Thanks for the help.

Back