• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon XP and WCPUID

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AudiMan

I don't know if it's just me, but I have two athlon XP's: 1700 and 1800 one is on Win 98 and the other is running Win2k

Athlon XP-1700 - Epox 8KHA+
Athlon XP-1800 - Asus A7V266-E

Both CPU's are OC'd but not yet unlocked, and everytime I try using WCPUID, it either resets my computers, or I get a BSD.

Has anyone else had similar issues?
(I even tried running it at default speeds)
It works fine on my P3's and T-Bird.

Funny you mention that. Here are my expieriences. I have a 1600+ in a KR7A-RAID on WinXP and I can run WCPUID just fine. I also have a 1600+ in a KG7-RAID on WinXP and whenever I try to run WCPUID on there it resets itself. And my T-Bird 1.4 on a KG7 doesn't reset on WCPUID so go figure. Dunno if I helped, but you aren't the only one at least. :D

I was able to run the older revision of WCPUID with an 8KHA+ and a T-BIRD. However, when I set up another 8KHA+ with an XP1600, I had the same problem. I downloaded the latest version of the program and it works fine now.

Good Luck!

>>EDIT; I'm now using version "3.0f"

Good Luck, again!

Last edited:
Back