• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI Radeon Modification Poll

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

have you successfully converted a Radeon 9500 non-pro card into a Radeon 9700

• The mod was successful and ran *at least* 3 OpenGL applications and also *at least* 3 DirectX applic

Votes: 73 55.3%
  • The mod was successful and ran *at least* 3 OpenGL applications and also *at least* 3 DirectX applic

Votes: 45 34.1%
  • The mod was NOT successful. I could not convert my Radeon 9500 into a 9700 (as in my fill rates didn

Votes: 14 10.6%

• Total voters
I put my vote in for some artifacts. I get small dots in darker spots, such as the sunglasses of the guy in the "lobby" test and shadows in BF1942. By the way this is one of the new Saphire stock from newegg - 3.3 inf mem.

I have had 2 more artifact-free mods recently (june 03), both purchased from Newegg. Add 2 more to the 'good' column. I can't, since I have already voted once.

I get dots all over the screen when I run 3d apps. It didn't bother me at first, but in some games it was real bad so I went back to a 9500NP. I did disable HyperZ and ran 3dmark 2001 and the artafacts got better, but I didn't run any games. Next I'm going to try and reinstall windows and disable HyperZ and see if that works.

Anybody got anyother tips that might help me get rid of the artfacts?

If nothing else my card OCs good. 415/303 (core/memory). All I did was take off the stock thermal greese and put some creamique(sp?).

katka said:
I get dots all over the screen when I run 3d apps. It didn't bother me at first, but in some games it was real bad so I went back to a 9500NP. I did disable HyperZ and ran 3dmark 2001 and the artafacts got better, but I didn't run any games. Next I'm going to try and reinstall windows and disable HyperZ and see if that works.

Anybody got anyother tips that might help me get rid of the artfacts?

If nothing else my card OCs good. 415/303 (core/memory). All I did was take off the stock thermal greese and put some creamique(sp?).

Do you get artifacts (not checkerboards, but artifacts) at stock speeds as well? Try underclocking your card, that will let you know if it's a heat issue....

Hmm Yeah, I never tried OCing it untill I had undone the softmod, next time I try it I'll try underclocking it and see if that helps.

Hmm, ok no pasting the URL I guess? Or do I need the "compare" link? "Published" have anything to do with this?

stock -11752

OC'd -14671

SM -18320

edit-published two of them. It would not let me publish the OC'd score(CPU difference, or something)

:p

Last edited:
El<(')>Maxi said:
Hmm, ok no pasting the URL I guess? Or do I need the "compare" link? "Published" have anything to do with this?

Stock -11752

OC'd -14671

SM -16670

Yes, you must have the project "published" if you want to post the compare link.

Nice scores

Have you run 3dM03?

How come the Omega drivers aren't part of the "softmod" part? I can't figure out how to do the w1zzard mod... i mean i follow directions but it doesn't work, so i must be doing something wrong . I Omega-driver'd mine and 8 pipelines unlocked according to AIDA32 and based on 3dmark2001 results. I don't know if it'd taint your results if i were to vote.

PS: all's good so far. I've ran only a few programs though (UT2K3, 3Dmark2001) I'm downloading 3dmark2003 and i plan on playing CS in in opengl and directx mode... what the heck does RON run in?

EDIT: PS, El<(')>Maxi check my compare link. Everything in our benchmarks, yours rapes mine except in bump mapping. Why's that?

My card works perfectly when modded. Unfortunatly it's not much of an overclocker, but to be honest I don't play enough to care. :)

Back