• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI Radeon x1050 GPU Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wuster

Hello, I installed this card into my little brother's Computer tonight as his old Radeon 9600pro had died. This was a low cost immediate replacement for him and required no installs whatsover so it worked out perfectly and provided a nice bump in memory from 128MB to 256MB DDR.

Here's my question.
Upon loading up Catalyst to adjust some settings I was surprised to find the default GPU speed set to 250 MHZ (182 MHZ memory). Running ATITOOL confirms this.

I was quite sure his old 9600pro's GPU run quite a bit faster (330~mhz) and as x1050 shares the same GPU rv350, I puzzled me why this card was clocked at 250 MHZ. Searching online lead to various on-line postings indicating their x1050 card was clocked at at least 325 mhz as a starting point.

The specific SKU is called ATI RADEON X1050 256 MB DDR AGP 8X with an ATi logo but the side of the box indicates it was manufactured by Diamond Multimedia. The board is red in color. This appears to be a fairly recent SKU as the box has a 'Certified for Vista' logo.

The ATi product page also list the various configurations and clock speeds. There's no 250e/182m configuration that I can see.

Given the SKU in question, is there a reason why it is 250 MHZ? Is it safe to OC it to 325 MHZ (if this is what the card is supposed to be running at) and is it safe to go beyond 325?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Added some screenshots. 1st two shows the core/mem speed on Catalyst and 3rd from ATI tool where it shows the 'default' speeds to prove I'm not playing around with it.

Everything i have read about this card says it runs at least 350mhz core.

Any help/explanation would be appreciated. Did I install the card incorrectly?

Attachments

• 1050a.gif
    1050a.gif
    27.4 KB · Views: 261
  • 1050b.gif
    1050b.gif
    24.2 KB · Views: 249
  • atitool.gif
    atitool.gif
    31 KB · Views: 240
Back