• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Auto Run Keyboard Shortcuts at Windows Sartup after a pause?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
What .bat file command run at startup accomplishes the following:

1. Pause 60 seconds to give time for a program to auto start at Windows Startup.
2. Run combo key command CTRL and ` pressed simultaneously.
3. Pause 5 seconds.
4. Run key combo key command CTRL and Enter pressed simultaneously.

Here is an idea that may work.
dos command to pause for x seconds would look like this:
timeout /t 60 or timeout /t 5

Then install a program like this (or this one). Note: I did not vette this program linked but I know that there are programs out there that will do what you want.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/autokeyboardpresser/

The idea would be to run the script that starts with sleep 60 for your 60 second pause then run the program that "presses" the keys that you tell it to.

Last edited:
I read this the other day, I'm curious as to what function this would achieve, maybe there could be another work around that isnt such a pain in the butt, key presses with batch files is a pain enough let alone doing multiple keys at once.

timeout /t 60
"c:\program files\<program>\<program.exe>"
timeout /t 5

I really don't know but this is what I think it would look like in some way. Maybe the program has some switches that it would be "...\<program.exe> /s /t"

I do know that the .bat file need to have the name autoexe.bat in the root dir (folder) on C: to run at bootup, other wise you can use any name like applepie.bat :)
Do a search for batch commands to see how to go about this.

p.s. you can buy a book on batch commands for very cheap.

Last edited:
I do know that the .bat file need to have the name autoexe.bat in the root dir (folder) on C: to run at bootup, other wise you can use any name like applepie.bat :)
Do a search for batch commands to see how to go about this.

p.s. you can buy a boot on batch commands for very cheap.

That's a good tip. You could also put the bat file in the all users startup.

You can check out AutoIT for making a script to do button presses and such. We use it in our computer labs on occasion for one-off situations.

[I'm not an expert in the coding of the executables for it though, so don't ask, lol]

Back