• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

autofs problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

splat

ASCII Moderator
i'm having some trouble getting autofs to work on one of my gentoo 64 boxes. I've got autofs v4 compiled in to my kernel and followed a guide online to set it up. I';ve used that same guide before, so I know it works. One of the problems is that I have --ghost set, but i am not getting any gosted directories. The other problem is that if i try to browse to the directory as if --ghost was not set, i get the "no such dir" error. below are my configs:

Code:
/etc/autofs/auto.master

/mnt/auto       /etc/autofs/auto.auto     --timeout=60 --ghost

Code:
/etc/autofs/auto.auto

#directory name                        options for mount                              device to mount
 #boot                                   -fstype=ext2                                   :/dev/hda1
 cdrom                                  -fstype=iso9660,ro                             :/dev/cdrom
 floppy                                 -fstype=auto                                   :/dev/fd0
 #storage                                -rsize=8192,wsize=8192,soft,timeo=30,rw        192.168.0.7:/home/storage
 #portage                               -rsize=8192,wsize=8192,soft,timeo=30,rw        hydra.localnet:/usr/portage
 smb1                                   -fstype=smbfs,rw,credentials=/etc/smb.auth     ://mediabox/hd1share
 smb2                                   -fstype=smbfs,rw,credentials=/etc/smb.auth     ://mediabox/hd2share
 # SMB example
 #some-win-smb                          -fstype=smbfs,credentials=/etc/smb.auth        ://some-win-host/path/to/smb
 # NFS example
 #some-nfs                              -rsize=8192,wsize=8192,soft,timeo=14,rw        some-nfs-host:/path/to/nfs

# An example with wildcards, see autofs(5):
 #*                                     -fstype=iso9660,ro,loop                        :/images/&.iso

/mnt/auto is present and ready. and i've got /etc/init.d/autofs added to default. and like i said, i get no errors, so I have no idea whats going on.

Back