• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Auzen X-Fi Prelude 7.1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If your running 4 gigs, you will have to run the patch after every MS update of late sucks, bad code on this card........

Patched according to Auzen. Only trouble I had with mine were random mic bugs so I just bought a USB mic. I love the card otherwise.

Patch release Information:
( Requires previously installed driver -- see below )

ㆍVersion: XF_2_14_4_Patch_RC1_1
Corrects the following issues:
ㆍ4GB RAM Support Issues
ㆍProvide the default setting
ㆍPassthrough Issue fix
ㆍSo-called "Time bomb" bug (Error Code 37). More...

File Information:
ㆍSize: 53.6 mb
ㆍRelease Date: 9/27/2007
ㆍDate Originally Posted: 9/27/07
ㆍDate updated: 9/27/07
ㆍ download

Notes: Do NOT uninstall your existing driver first. More...

http://www.auzentech.com/site/download/updates.php

OK
But people with 4 gigs of ram, will have this issue, alot.
THe patch will have to be loaded, after every MS update.
Why I have no idea, but this is with X64 Vista, I do not know if this problem is with XP.

I'll be installing Vista x64 shortly as well as finally getting this card, good to know this ahead of time. Although, I'm only on 2GB of ram still.

I'm using 2Gb....... Still don't have courage to install the Prelude again. I'm afraid the PCI slot is gone. :(

What do you mean the PCI slot is gone?

I can't believe i just found out about this card today after its been out this long. It looks like its a bit pricey. I was reading over at guru-3d about a new RC2 driver that seems to improve sound quality. Man this card certainly is tempting over Creative's CRAP.

I'm guessing the 8800Ultras in SLI have blocked off the PCI slot(s) on the board.

Back