• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
From a couple gameplay previews I'm really not sold on it. The AI for the enemies was utterly brain dead, so they better have that fixed in about a month

"Here we have a typical Ubisoft copy & paste game, damn am fed up of these :(" ⇾ This review really didn't inspire confidence in the game :rofl:

THat's a shame... I'm a big fan of the first one... haven't seen the second yet. MEH. :(

I was expecting an open world RPG/action RPG, which I guess it technically is, but something that would give us a good story, or at least lots of new lore on Pandora, not another run-of-the-mill boring copy/paste like Starfield... Well, let's see when it comes out...

Apparently they have you hunting animals and such like in far cry... Except that the Navi (iirc) are this whole one with nature or whatever.

Reviews are all over the place on it, looks entirely dependent on if you are bored of the Ubisoft formula or not

Ubisoft Massive's Avatar Frontiers of Pandora is a simply incredible game, the studio's Snowdrop Engine entering the next generation age with a stunning level of detail and ray traced lighting. In this exploration of the game, Alex Battaglia takes us through Avatar, showcases its micro and macro-level detail - and in a last-minute change to the video, talks us through the 'unobtainium' max settings preset that addresses almost all of his minor quibbles on the game's visual features.

"In our final video for Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, Alex Battaglia goes into more depth on the scalability of the game, tests out the improved-but-still-flawed FSR 3 implementation then dives deeply into optimised settings, where - as usual - the PlayStation 5 version of the game offers up a bunch of suggestions in retaining visual quality while ramping up frame-rates."

Optimised Settings, broadly equivalent to PS5 performance mode:

Motion Blur: Off
Depth of Field: Low
Shadow Quality: High
Sun Contact Shadows: Medium
Spot Shadows: High
Spot Shadows Resolution: High
Shadow Proxies: Off
Specular Reflections: Medium
Diffuse Reflections: Medium
Environment Reflection Quality: High
Volumetric Clouds: Medium