• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED AVEXIR Blitz 1.1 DDR3-1600 CL9 - AVD3U16000904G

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
Today's tests will be slightly different as I've received 7 different AVEXIR Blitz 1.1, 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 1.50V memory sticks.
All sticks are based on the same IC so I will also show how are they working on Z87 and X79 motherboards in dual and quad channel modes.

Memory came in 2 classy looking boxes with AVEXIR logo and a motto - "What we believe is how we behave"

AVEXIR_1600C9_box1.jpg

AVEXIR_1600C9_box2.jpg

In the boxes we can find already mentioned 7 memory sticks. Each of them is designed for a different motherboard. We have 2 sticks designed for Gigabyte, 2 designed for ECS, 1 for MSI and 1 for ASRock. There is also 1 stick called Original which fits to ASUS ROG color scheme.
The only stick which is missing is MSI Dragon one. It's latest design and could be added to the package as there is one free slot in the box but probably wasn't ready when review samples were prepared.

AVEXIR_1600C9_mem1.jpg

AVEXIR Blitz 1.1 memory is available in dual and quad channel kits from DDR3-1600 up to DDR3-3200 speeds.
More detailed list of all available kits you can find on the AVEXIR website:
http://www.avexir.com/product/blitzspec.html

Full memory review can be also found here:
http://www.funkykit.com/reviews/memory/avexir-blitz-1-1-memory-series-review

Last edited:
XMP testing

I had no problems to run any of 7 memory sticks using XMP settings. Results based on 2 random picked sticks ( in this case MSI MPower and ASRock OCFormula ) running in dual channel on ASRock Z87M OCFormula with latest BIOS.

XMP settings are in AIDA64 memory timing window on the first screenshot.

XMP_mm_hpi_aida.jpg

cine_XMP.jpg

Last edited:
Overclocking results

After checking various configurations I couldn't make this memory work above DDR3-2200 mark which was randomly booting. DDR3-2400 couldn't boot at all regardless of used voltage or timings.

Actually this memory is not scalling with voltage and best results at 1.50V were the same as anything above that.

1866 10-10-10-24 1N 1.50V

mm_hpi_aida_1866.jpg

cine_1866.jpg

2133 11-11-11-24 1N 1.50V

mm_hpi_aida_2133.jpg

cine_2133.jpg

2133 11-11-11-24 result looks pretty good considering low voltage of 1.50V. We can also see much higher performance after overclocking.

Last edited:
Thread updated with test results.

Please let me know if you wish to see any other tests.

Love the reflection/flare off of the UltraDurable stick!

Some awesome performance to get 1.5V at 2133!

I like that green Gigabyte stick most , sadly there is only one green in this review kit. As I already mentioned , all sticks have pulsing LEDs.

There is also one more thing that is pretty interesting. I was sure there is Hynix IC but no ... inside we can find Elpida BCBG !!
I haven't seen memory based on Elpida IC for a while.

Screenshot below so you won't have to check it yourself ;)

IC.jpg

Sounds like these weren't really what you eapected. What do you have in the 2400s Hynix?

2400+ will be probably Hynix but I had no chance to test them. I have Core series 2666 C11 kit and it's on Hynix.

OK couldn't remember off hand if it was 24 or 26, I just remembered you had some high speed stuff.

here is one more photo... it's hard to catch all LEDs at the same time as they're pulsing and not always in the same speed ..

4xav.jpg

yellow/red ECS + green/orange Gigabyte on Gigabyte Z87X-OC motherboard

Back