• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Avira Browser Safety keeps installing on Chrome even after uninstalling Avira

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
So I removed Avira Antivirus due to bloatware from my laptops, however, every time I start a brand new Google Chrome Portable executable, Chrome says "Avira Browser Safety" added

From where in the registry \ how is Avira adding this extension on first clean Chrome Portable launch if it has been uninstalled?

Avira.png

1) This could be a virus itself. If you don't think it is, I would do the following:
2) Install Avira.
3) Install Revo uninstaller.
4) Use Revo uninstaller to remove Avira. It will search for orphaned registry files and regular files/folders and ask you to delete them.

I do not think it is a virus itself. Simply an Avira add-on for Google Chrome.
Something is triggering its installation EVEN AFTER Avira is completely removed.

Your directions were followed to a T, Avira installed, rebooted then ran revo and made it delete ALL Leftovers.

Running a brand new never used Google Chrome Portable folder STILL triggered Avira Add-on installation.
Therefore something not removed by Revo triggered it...

Could the answer be in Google Chrome Portable registry entries themselves?
Google Chrome IS NOT INSTALLED.
Only Google Chrome Portable is being ran on the laptops which have Windows 8.0 and since it's not 8.1, Avira forums do not want to get involved with a non-8.1 system.

Back