• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

B Class Post Audition strategy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I killed my psu today doing my 3 way run, but did manage to get a 43048 score before it died. was upping clocks for my 2nd run of the day and bam its gone. so that may be all that I can provide. but will still put me in the 520k range. and should help out anyway

bfg ex1000 had it and the antec650 working when I went to start clocking the cards up it just shut down. wouldnt reboot. can power it with the 650 but only a single card. I can get the 43k sent in, but dont think I will be able to better it. have the board going again so its not any other hardware anyway but only have 1 card powered rightnow

I was very happy to see the board chip and card fire up, way better that it is the psu than any of those parts. Now I just have to find a replacement for it and figure what wattage I want

I was going to offer mine to do more 3x, but I realized it wouldn't appreciate it any more then yours did.

I think my friend will join the team, he is going to try and get his 10 benches in tonight, so he can view the Miahstream. That sounds good as one word. we ran heaven and 03 real quick and he has about 15 boints to far. dont think he is near maxed on clocks either. I think he is liking benching.

Metalracers vantage run on the spreasheet is 47K that's 6k above any 5970 on the bot. I'd say that was his 2 x 5970 score (in which case he would be in A class as he has 4 GPU cores)

one of yall want to do a test for me?

if so, try running 06 or vantage with just using afterburner for clocks and then open inspector and see if you gain.

I just ran 06@3237, I opened afterburner and set clocks and voltage and ran the test and scored 20813. I then closed 06 and opened inspector and just changed fan speed from 100% to 99% and hit apply, I then reopened 06 and ran again, this time scoring 21290, that is a good jump for just back to back runs. see if you gain or lose from just using afterburner also, if you dont mind

I was going to, heh, but the imc finally crapped out completely on the 980x.

not good, but good luck on the rma

Heh thanks. Naturally support is closed on saturday, so I have to wait till monday now.
Should have just sent it yesterday I guess. Oh well.

BTW: Looks like the AB vs Inspector thing is real.
I gained 150 marks in vantage adjusting 1mhz core/ram in inspector over AB.

Course, that's on a celery420.

It didn't work for me... maybe I didn't adjust the relevant settings. I did improve my Vantage score tonight though, it took me all night :)

Metalracers vantage run on the spreasheet is 47K that's 6k above any 5970 on the bot. I'd say that was his 2 x 5970 score (in which case he would be in A class as he has 4 GPU cores)

You're right....that was also posted on Jan 23rd, so it's not his FW submission....I'll take it off the spreadsheet later ;)

nzaneb - ocforums - B Class - Barringer
CPU: 990X (12)
RAM: HyperX DDR3 2000
GPU: GTX480 (2)
Cooling: H2O (1)
Total System Handicap: (15)

Geekbench 32 bit Score: 18940
http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/351784

3DMark Vantage Score: 43449
Just a screenshot for now...
43449 - Vantage.jpg

3DMark06 Score: 35429