• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 4 Alpha benchmarks (GPU and CPU)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sweet, 23FPS on a 7970.

Of course this is all alpha where a lot of performance improvements happen before and after launch. Also no drivers are made for it yet either.

Thanks ED.

Lol! Not even a Titan allows smooth gameplay@1080 4xAA!

They will for sure make progress before launch...

Nice post! Impressively low FPS! LOL

Will be fun to compare with the final release. Now I'm glad I wasn't invited to the alpha lolol my 7870 would be struggling

I was shocked by this and then realized it has no bearing on what the final product will produce.

Interesting, nonetheless.

I'm guessing the PS4/Xboxone will be equivalent to a current mid-range/sub-mid-range gaming PC.... basically, a 650Ti/AMD equivalent and BF4 will play at 60fps on those systems with pretty much all the eye candy on. So, i wouldn't worry too much about these numbers.

Keep in mind, the E3 PCs were not super highend and were getting 50+ FPS throughout, from what I've seen on youtube few months ago.

I'm guessing the PS4/Xboxone will be equivalent to a current mid-range/sub-mid-range gaming PC.... basically, a 650Ti/AMD equivalent and BF4 will play at 60fps on those systems with pretty much all the eye candy on. So, i wouldn't worry too much about these numbers.

Keep in mind, the E3 PCs were not super highend and were getting 50+ FPS throughout, from what I've seen on youtube few months ago.

Doncha know? All/most high graphic console games that are on PC (Skyrim is one major example) are ran at what would be for us, low settings.

Compare Skyrim on a PS3 or Xbox 360 and PC on Ultra, the difference is clear.

Doncha know? All/most high graphic console games that are on PC (Skyrim is one major example) are ran at what would be for us, low settings.

Compare Skyrim on a PS3 or Xbox 360 and PC on Ultra, the difference is clear.

This +1. My roommate played Skyrim on 360 and I played it on PC. He walked in and asked what I was playing because it was so different.

I first noticed it when I had my GTX 580m laptop playin it on Ultra while one of my friends (all console gamers, yet some play LoL now) was playin it on his PS3 and we noticed the difference, plus the difference between the lag when the PS3 autosaved and my laptops tiny amount of autosave lag, prolly would've been nil had I had an SSD...

I first noticed it when I had my GTX 580m laptop playin it on Ultra while one of my friends (all console gamers, yet some play LoL now) was playin it on his PS3 and we noticed the difference, plus the difference between the lag when the PS3 autosaved and my laptops tiny amount of autosave lag, prolly would've been nil had I had an SSD...

There was autosave lag?

When I loaded an area, the tooltip never came up, it was just a smoke screen then the room came up. Didn't know there were tooltips until I watched Nick playing on the 360 one time :D

There was autosave lag?

Yeah lol it was hilarious I never saw a console visibly lag before, it lagged a lot more than my computer, my computer is about 2 second lag (the sig one, can't recall my laptop) and the PS3 was more like 6-10 seconds, both using platter HDDs, I just find it funny how woefully inadequate consoles are to play games with fluidity.

Yeah lol it was hilarious I never saw a console visibly lag before, it lagged a lot more than my computer, my computer is about 2 second lag (the sig one, can't recall my laptop) and the PS3 was more like 6-10 seconds, both using platter HDDs, I just find it funny how woefully inadequate consoles are to play games with fluidity.

Geez, so glad I've stopped buying for my console

Wow, there better be some major optimizations before this releases. How can the XboxOne and PS4 play it if we have no chance at 60fps?

Back