• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TorqueRanger

I have decided to buy Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 and I can buy it from walmart or steam for the same price but was not sure if there any difference ???? Oh can you re download Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 if you lose the copy or something happens??

Thanks
Jason

If you buy the steam copy, its auto updated, and you can reload it on to your system if you reformat your machine or buy a new one.

Steam is the way to go!

I'd go Steam as well, unfortunately the friend-join-game feature doesn't work with Steam, so you still have add them to your BFBC2 friend's list (inside the game) to join them, but it works well.

If you purchase through Steam you can redownload the game either from Steam or Origin.

Boxed copy from Walmart relies on your DVD. However, you can upload your CD key to Origin and redownload the game as often as you'd like.

dont listen to them.

if you buy the disk them you will ALWAYS have it "even if you somehow manae to loose internet.

you can install from disk & get everything that the steam version gives you. also when you install from disk it gives you the option of useing the disk to ofenticate of online "disk means you need the disk in dvd to play"

side note,
i baught northen strike from ea & after a while i got a email saying that my ns would be kept for 5years then i would have to pay 2.99 or something to keep them storeing it. fek that i aint paying for my own game?.

dont listen to them.

if you buy the disk them you will ALWAYS have it "even if you somehow manae to loose internet.

you can install from disk & get everything that the steam version gives you. also when you install from disk it gives you the option of useing the disk to ofenticate of online "disk means you need the disk in dvd to play"

side note,
i baught northen strike from ea & after a while i got a email saying that my ns would be kept for 5years then i would have to pay 2.99 or something to keep them storeing it. fek that i aint paying for my own game?.

Unless, you know, somehow the disk gets scratched or lost. If you don't have internet then how much are you going to accomplish with BC2 besides playing the campaign for the umpeenth time?

I'm not sure about EA's policy with game ownership, but Steam (as far as I know) has no plans to delete the games that they offer to the users that has purchased them.

if u dont hay internet then he can practice offline in the hope of geting back his dogtags that old jay hear is planning on nabbing ;) hehe

if u dont hay internet then he can practice offline in the hope of geting back his dogtags that old jay hear is planning on nabbing ;) hehe

soooo BF3 comes out this month...why not just wait and get that?

Back