• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Beats Solo by Dr. dre alternative (proper sound?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Flat to X Hz? I'm relatively flat to ~25Hz @ 120dB SPL ;) The LP2's can do more SPL @ Hz than that as my ears tell me...

Back on topic:

The LP2's rule if you want a "Loud and Low" listening experience. If you want a "reference headphone", save up for the HD-600's IMO...

:cool:

Actually the HD598 is a better choice. HD600s require a monster amp to sound their best. HD598s get almost the same sound with minor amping. I speak from experience :)

Edit - I'd save up for the HD600's (or 598's as you seem to have first-hand experience with) IMO...

The LP2's rule their *intended* market segment IMO (and have also nailed the "Studio Tracking" segment with me in real-world use over the past 3 months!!!!).

:cool:

don't worry guys! i was never intending to purchase Beats!
i've seen them enough - everyone at Uni seems to be wearing one around their neck. and after reading again and again about how poor the audio quality is for their price i never considered them ever again! :santa:

the LP2 are the headphones with full-sized cups yeah?
and yeah i'm looking for a more portable and 'stylish' pair of headphones.
i'm not sure about the V-Modas you're talking about but every review i've read said the M80s were very solid and sturdy.
Randyman, i am a BIG fan of bass! =D. i still want some proper sound quality though, and so far the V-Modas seem to be the best choice :)

have you had any experience with TMA-1s or anything like that?
and maybe you'd like to know, maybe not...lol but i'm no audiofile.
i use $20 Ultimate Ears for my phone, and use Logitech Z5400 5.1 on my computer and i'm satisfied with the audio :). so anything that offers better sound quality i'm pretty sure i'll be VERY happy haha

Awesome! i checked prices for the sennheiser hd600 and hd598. they're 400 & 300 respectively lol. way out of my price range for how i listen to music

HD600 you can buy used for $200-250. HD598 you can buy used for $150-200. I'm personally buying a pair of mint HD598s for $120 this Saturday.

Back