• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benching RAM for rampage extreme (x48/775)?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funsoul

Picked up one of these boards from a friend and want to get solid ram to complete the setup. The setup will be used for benching socket 775 cpus under phase.

Thoughts? Recommendations?
tia!!

I'm not RAM benching guru or anything, but RAM with Hyper ICs seem to work pretty well for me. I've had my 1600MHz 6-6-6-20-1T sticks running at 2000MHz 6-6-6-20-1T.

Thanks MattNo5ss

Was thinking that since the board takes ddr3 that it'd be better to go with higher speed ram (like 2000? 2133? something else?). Really not sure.

I'm not sure how the newer, high clock RAM (2400+ MHz) works in LGA775 since I've never owned any. Hypers can do good mix of high clocks and tight timings hence my 2000MHz 6-6-6-20 with the Dom GTs.

Maybe one of the RAM fanatics will chime in :D

Hypers or D9GTR.

PSC and BBSE don't do very well at all with a REX

Thanks (again) moocow. Not being a memory guy am not really sure where to look for hypers (is there a database of ram with those ic's?). Found a list of d9gtr ram but it's really old. Is there any memory currently available on-line with those ic's that'd run on this motherboard?

Also...is it better to go with ddr3-2000 or higher vs. ddr3-1600 or so?

When I was looking around for benching ram, I usually just ended up googling to see what IC is used. Some sites have lists for models like the Dominator GT for each version number

Thanks Operant. So...what's your thought? 1600 or go with something like 2000 (which the board says it can do overclocked) or something higher like 2133? As you can tell...I'm kinda clueless :/

PS- Love that case!

All the good memory for benching on 775 boards is EOL.

Personally, I'm fond of 2000mhz or higher sticks.
There is going to be a ton of good benching mem (775 and up kinda stuff) up for sale in the classifieds over the next few days ;)

Back