• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best bang for $64.99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MR-FIX-IT

Disabled
Been doing alot of searching for the best bang for your buck.

First off, to find your formatted hard drive capacity use this formula:

(drives size) * 0.932 = Formatted size in gigs.. (not bytes)

So take a 500 gig drive times it by .932 and you get 466 gig.

So I've been looking for a pair of drives either seagate or WD, does not really matter. Just need two drives to put in RAID 0 for a system I'm building. Thought I would share my findings...

The key here is to find the best value for your hard earned dollar. I found the 250 gig Seagate would fit my bill @ $54.99 free shipping. Giving me 466 gig of space.. I then found the 400 gig drives are just $10 more @ $64.99 free shipping and I get an additional 279.6 gig of space for $20 bucks more. Now that's a great value. The hitachi has a 500 gig drive is also $64.99 free shipping but the warranty is 3 years vs 5 for seagate. The Hitachi is clearly the value winner here for being $20 more and getting 466 gig more. Not too bad... Numbers are for two drive in RAID 0.

Not a bad deal at all for the Hitachi drives. I've been running raid since I can remember. Been looking at an upgrade in storage space from the current setup I have now.

Back