• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Conroe Motherboard for Gaming w/ 2 X 7800GT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd personally go p5n32 sli over a board with hacked drivers. Not saying their bad, because I've never used, but to me a solid sli board sounds better, and like you said, it IS a $1000 investment, do whatever makes you feel comfortable and sounds good. It's your choice and no one elses.

Probibly support, isn't how it works, the moded graphics card drivers support 7900GTX's and down (other then the new 7900GS) and no 7950 card support.
They have been used MANY times already for those cards, I've seen people use them all the way down to 6800 seires cards on XS.

Official SLI support is completly up to nVidia and anyone conserned should contact nVidia about that, they just cant produce a chipset that overclocks CPU's and Ram worth a crap for Intel.

I personaly dont understand the want to have SLI or CF.. A single X1950XTX would be more then suffecnt (the top single GPU card currently)

But I would pick CF for multi GPU purchases in the future, if nVidia desides to keep SLI support away from intel chipsets, I don't plan on supporting a company personaly that makes me jump though hoops to use their product, It should work the other way around (they want your money right? ).

They took away SLI support for the i955X chipset, thats about when I would have said no to SLI.

Sean_Best said:
I'd personally go p5n32 sli over a board with hacked drivers. Not saying their bad, because I've never used, but to me a solid sli board sounds better, and like you said, it IS a $1000 investment, do whatever makes you feel comfortable and sounds good. It's your choice and no one elses.

Only problem is, they overclock marginaly better then a Dell :mad: :mad:

Its like paying someone to screw ya over.. not my idea of a smart thing to do :mad:

@Gregz.. you have another option.. you could sell the 7800GT's and buy a single card that would outperform them.

Last edited:
greenmaji,

Well, the reason I went SLI is because I'm driving a huge 37" 1920X1080 monitor. When I did the research it showed that SLI handled large ammounts of pixels very well. So that's why I went that route.

I haven't shopped vid cards in a while so maybe I should do that and consider your suggestion of selling the two 7800gts and getting a new card.

Back