• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best home wireless router?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrjspeed

I'm in need of a new router. The one I have now is old from ~2008 and rated for 802.11N, or DRAFT-N. It probably cost $90 at the time.

I want something nice. I was looking at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KEK4Q5Q/ref=asc_df_B00KEK4Q5Q3867165?smid=A1KO9XMXI9RMD1

I need it to have great range, through 2 floors and rooms and such. I have a powerful Plex server and want to be able to watch 1080p on at least 2 devices at the same time, say a Roku 3 and an Amazon Fire TV. Like most modern households, there will be a bunch of tablets smartphones, and a few laptops.

I've built several computers but I'm not as versed when it comes to knowing about networking. My budget is $150 - $250. Any thoughts?

Also I will need a wireless adapter for a tower PC. Do PCI-e adapters offer advantages over USB?

Last edited:
Back